In an interview with the Today Show, Perry left the door open for “a quick death” for the gun-toting grandma.
“As long as people want to see it, she’ll be around, but the minute they stop coming, that broad’s gonna die a quick death,” Perry told the “Today Show.”
Although Madea is his signature character, Perry admitted that he is more focused on his television series on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network right now. Overall, the fate of Madea lies with fans. If they lose interest, the character’s fate is sealed, Perry said.
In the meanwhile, fans can check out “A Madea Christmas, which hits theaters on Friday (Dec. 13)
Check out more from Tyler Perry below:
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here