In an interview with the Today Show, Perry left the door open for “a quick death” for the gun-toting grandma.
“As long as people want to see it, she’ll be around, but the minute they stop coming, that broad’s gonna die a quick death,” Perry told the “Today Show.”
Although Madea is his signature character, Perry admitted that he is more focused on his television series on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network right now. Overall, the fate of Madea lies with fans. If they lose interest, the character’s fate is sealed, Perry said.
In the meanwhile, fans can check out “A Madea Christmas, which hits theaters on Friday (Dec. 13)
Check out more from Tyler Perry below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here