In an interview with the Today Show, Perry left the door open for “a quick death” for the gun-toting grandma.
“As long as people want to see it, she’ll be around, but the minute they stop coming, that broad’s gonna die a quick death,” Perry told the “Today Show.”
Although Madea is his signature character, Perry admitted that he is more focused on his television series on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network right now. Overall, the fate of Madea lies with fans. If they lose interest, the character’s fate is sealed, Perry said.
In the meanwhile, fans can check out “A Madea Christmas, which hits theaters on Friday (Dec. 13)
Check out more from Tyler Perry below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here