In an interview with the Today Show, Perry left the door open for “a quick death” for the gun-toting grandma.
“As long as people want to see it, she’ll be around, but the minute they stop coming, that broad’s gonna die a quick death,” Perry told the “Today Show.”
Although Madea is his signature character, Perry admitted that he is more focused on his television series on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network right now. Overall, the fate of Madea lies with fans. If they lose interest, the character’s fate is sealed, Perry said.
In the meanwhile, fans can check out “A Madea Christmas, which hits theaters on Friday (Dec. 13)
Check out more from Tyler Perry below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here