In an interview with the Today Show, Perry left the door open for “a quick death” for the gun-toting grandma.
“As long as people want to see it, she’ll be around, but the minute they stop coming, that broad’s gonna die a quick death,” Perry told the “Today Show.”
Although Madea is his signature character, Perry admitted that he is more focused on his television series on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network right now. Overall, the fate of Madea lies with fans. If they lose interest, the character’s fate is sealed, Perry said.
In the meanwhile, fans can check out “A Madea Christmas, which hits theaters on Friday (Dec. 13)
Check out more from Tyler Perry below:
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here