*Color is in this season of fashion, and we’re not talking threads.
Earlier this year, diversity on the runway was a hot button topic. It looks like more brands and designers are heeding to the public cry for more color on stage.
At the Victoria’s Secret fashion show earlier this week, we couldn’t help but notice the various hues of brown, modeling the lingerie brand’s finest designs.
Among the stars, were returning supermodels, Joan Smalls and Jasmine Tookes, who both participated in last year’s extravaganza.
Victoria’s Secret also blessed us with the a diverse group of Black women, of different hues, including French model, Cindy Bruna, who’s mother hails from Congo.
Maria Borges, a stunning 5’11” beauty strutted down the runway like she owned it. This fabulous Ford Supermodel comes from Angola is represents well.
Making headlines, Kenyan-born biracial model, Malaika Firth also made her Victoria Secret Fashion Show debut. This 19-year-old beauty made waves when she became the first model since Naomi Campbell in ‘94 to be the front-runner for a Prada ad.
You go girl.
The show was very exciting and pleasing because we saw women from all over the world. Brazilian model Lais Ribeiro stole it when she came out and Ming Xi, a hotly sought after Asian model brought the line up full circle.
Victoria’s Secret made it happen this year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Derek Fisher, Ex-Wife Agree to Destroy Their Frozen Embryos in Divorce Settlement
- Starz Programming Shift Moves ‘Power’, 'Survivor's Remorse' to Sunday Nights
- Tyler Perry on Singing ‘Play That Funky Music’ With Prince (Watch)
- Jay Z Responds to ‘Lemonade’, Shouts Out Prince On ‘All The Way Up’ Remix
- Dog Hours Away from Euthanasia, Saved By Student Vet's Discovery
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here