*Color is in this season of fashion, and we’re not talking threads.
Earlier this year, diversity on the runway was a hot button topic. It looks like more brands and designers are heeding to the public cry for more color on stage.
At the Victoria’s Secret fashion show earlier this week, we couldn’t help but notice the various hues of brown, modeling the lingerie brand’s finest designs.
Among the stars, were returning supermodels, Joan Smalls and Jasmine Tookes, who both participated in last year’s extravaganza.
Victoria’s Secret also blessed us with the a diverse group of Black women, of different hues, including French model, Cindy Bruna, who’s mother hails from Congo.
Maria Borges, a stunning 5’11” beauty strutted down the runway like she owned it. This fabulous Ford Supermodel comes from Angola is represents well.
Making headlines, Kenyan-born biracial model, Malaika Firth also made her Victoria Secret Fashion Show debut. This 19-year-old beauty made waves when she became the first model since Naomi Campbell in ‘94 to be the front-runner for a Prada ad.
You go girl.
The show was very exciting and pleasing because we saw women from all over the world. Brazilian model Lais Ribeiro stole it when she came out and Ming Xi, a hotly sought after Asian model brought the line up full circle.
Victoria’s Secret made it happen this year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here