*Color is in this season of fashion, and we’re not talking threads.
Earlier this year, diversity on the runway was a hot button topic. It looks like more brands and designers are heeding to the public cry for more color on stage.
At the Victoria’s Secret fashion show earlier this week, we couldn’t help but notice the various hues of brown, modeling the lingerie brand’s finest designs.
Among the stars, were returning supermodels, Joan Smalls and Jasmine Tookes, who both participated in last year’s extravaganza.
Victoria’s Secret also blessed us with the a diverse group of Black women, of different hues, including French model, Cindy Bruna, who’s mother hails from Congo.
Maria Borges, a stunning 5’11” beauty strutted down the runway like she owned it. This fabulous Ford Supermodel comes from Angola is represents well.
Making headlines, Kenyan-born biracial model, Malaika Firth also made her Victoria Secret Fashion Show debut. This 19-year-old beauty made waves when she became the first model since Naomi Campbell in ‘94 to be the front-runner for a Prada ad.
You go girl.
The show was very exciting and pleasing because we saw women from all over the world. Brazilian model Lais Ribeiro stole it when she came out and Ming Xi, a hotly sought after Asian model brought the line up full circle.
Victoria’s Secret made it happen this year.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here