According to BET president of music programming and Specials for BET Networks. Stephen Hill, Brady is the perfect choice for the annual event.
“We are excited to have Wayne Brady host BET Honors this year. He made the most of his moment on the show last year and we knew pretty much immediately after that he was the multi-hyphenate talent we wanted leading this year’s festivities,” he said in a statement. “Wayne will dazzle and amaze and we can’t wait.”
The BET Honors celebrate distinguished Africans Americans performing at exceptional levels in the areas of music, literature, entertainment, media, service and education. This year’s honorees included Halle Berry, T.D. Jakes, Chaka Khan,
Lisa Leslie and Clarence Avant.
The realization of hosting the BET Honors, for Brady, is a dream come true.
“Being able to host the BET Honors in our nation’s capital is definitely “Bucket List” material for me,” the actor/comedian said. “Not too often do you get to pay homage to the industry icons you look up to, in front of your peers. I’m honored to be part of the legacy BET has built with this award show.
The 2014 BET Honors will tape on Feb. 8, 2014 at the Warner Theatre in Washington, DC and air at 9 p.m. ET Feb. 24 on BET Networks.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here