According to BET president of music programming and Specials for BET Networks. Stephen Hill, Brady is the perfect choice for the annual event.
“We are excited to have Wayne Brady host BET Honors this year. He made the most of his moment on the show last year and we knew pretty much immediately after that he was the multi-hyphenate talent we wanted leading this year’s festivities,” he said in a statement. “Wayne will dazzle and amaze and we can’t wait.”
The BET Honors celebrate distinguished Africans Americans performing at exceptional levels in the areas of music, literature, entertainment, media, service and education. This year’s honorees included Halle Berry, T.D. Jakes, Chaka Khan,
Lisa Leslie and Clarence Avant.
The realization of hosting the BET Honors, for Brady, is a dream come true.
“Being able to host the BET Honors in our nation’s capital is definitely “Bucket List” material for me,” the actor/comedian said. “Not too often do you get to pay homage to the industry icons you look up to, in front of your peers. I’m honored to be part of the legacy BET has built with this award show.
The 2014 BET Honors will tape on Feb. 8, 2014 at the Warner Theatre in Washington, DC and air at 9 p.m. ET Feb. 24 on BET Networks.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here