According to BET president of music programming and Specials for BET Networks. Stephen Hill, Brady is the perfect choice for the annual event.
“We are excited to have Wayne Brady host BET Honors this year. He made the most of his moment on the show last year and we knew pretty much immediately after that he was the multi-hyphenate talent we wanted leading this year’s festivities,” he said in a statement. “Wayne will dazzle and amaze and we can’t wait.”
The BET Honors celebrate distinguished Africans Americans performing at exceptional levels in the areas of music, literature, entertainment, media, service and education. This year’s honorees included Halle Berry, T.D. Jakes, Chaka Khan,
Lisa Leslie and Clarence Avant.
The realization of hosting the BET Honors, for Brady, is a dream come true.
“Being able to host the BET Honors in our nation’s capital is definitely “Bucket List” material for me,” the actor/comedian said. “Not too often do you get to pay homage to the industry icons you look up to, in front of your peers. I’m honored to be part of the legacy BET has built with this award show.
The 2014 BET Honors will tape on Feb. 8, 2014 at the Warner Theatre in Washington, DC and air at 9 p.m. ET Feb. 24 on BET Networks.
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here