*It may have taken 4 years, but remember the backlash comedienne/actor Mo ‘Nique got from mainstream media when she refused to go on an all-out campaign for Oscar consideration for her role in the film “Precious?”
Now it appears a growing list of her colleagues are following suit. They want no parts of the game-playing involved with selling the public on nominating them for the coveted award (and increasing chances of seeing the movie again in the process, of course).
Funny thing though, we’ve heard no negative media noise on any of them; they appear to be getting a pass. Do you wonder why?
Story continues at EURThisNThat.
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here