The Huffington Post reports that O’Mara, the attorney who defended and won Zimmerman’s acquittal in the highly publicized trial, faces an ethics complaint over his handling of the trial. News of the complaint was confirmed Monday by the Florida Bar.
O’Mara declined to comment on the ethics complaint, which is being investigated by the state bar association, according to the Orlando Sentinel. It is unclear who filed the complaint and what allegations O’Mara faces.
“The Florida bar has one case pending at staff in regard to Atty. Mark O’Mara’s representation of George Zimmerman. All other information is confidential at this time, as is the case with all open investigations,” the bar said in a statement obtained by ABC News.
The ethics complaint comes months after Zimmerman’s acquittal on second-degree murder charges July 13. O’Mara, who volunteered to represent the former neighborhood watch volunteer at no charge just weeks after he was charged with the Martin’s murder, has since made efforts to distance himself from Zimmerman.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here