The Huffington Post reports that O’Mara, the attorney who defended and won Zimmerman’s acquittal in the highly publicized trial, faces an ethics complaint over his handling of the trial. News of the complaint was confirmed Monday by the Florida Bar.
O’Mara declined to comment on the ethics complaint, which is being investigated by the state bar association, according to the Orlando Sentinel. It is unclear who filed the complaint and what allegations O’Mara faces.
“The Florida bar has one case pending at staff in regard to Atty. Mark O’Mara’s representation of George Zimmerman. All other information is confidential at this time, as is the case with all open investigations,” the bar said in a statement obtained by ABC News.
The ethics complaint comes months after Zimmerman’s acquittal on second-degree murder charges July 13. O’Mara, who volunteered to represent the former neighborhood watch volunteer at no charge just weeks after he was charged with the Martin’s murder, has since made efforts to distance himself from Zimmerman.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here