The Huffington Post reports that O’Mara, the attorney who defended and won Zimmerman’s acquittal in the highly publicized trial, faces an ethics complaint over his handling of the trial. News of the complaint was confirmed Monday by the Florida Bar.
O’Mara declined to comment on the ethics complaint, which is being investigated by the state bar association, according to the Orlando Sentinel. It is unclear who filed the complaint and what allegations O’Mara faces.
“The Florida bar has one case pending at staff in regard to Atty. Mark O’Mara’s representation of George Zimmerman. All other information is confidential at this time, as is the case with all open investigations,” the bar said in a statement obtained by ABC News.
The ethics complaint comes months after Zimmerman’s acquittal on second-degree murder charges July 13. O’Mara, who volunteered to represent the former neighborhood watch volunteer at no charge just weeks after he was charged with the Martin’s murder, has since made efforts to distance himself from Zimmerman.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here