The Huffington Post reports that O’Mara, the attorney who defended and won Zimmerman’s acquittal in the highly publicized trial, faces an ethics complaint over his handling of the trial. News of the complaint was confirmed Monday by the Florida Bar.
O’Mara declined to comment on the ethics complaint, which is being investigated by the state bar association, according to the Orlando Sentinel. It is unclear who filed the complaint and what allegations O’Mara faces.
“The Florida bar has one case pending at staff in regard to Atty. Mark O’Mara’s representation of George Zimmerman. All other information is confidential at this time, as is the case with all open investigations,” the bar said in a statement obtained by ABC News.
The ethics complaint comes months after Zimmerman’s acquittal on second-degree murder charges July 13. O’Mara, who volunteered to represent the former neighborhood watch volunteer at no charge just weeks after he was charged with the Martin’s murder, has since made efforts to distance himself from Zimmerman.
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here