The Huffington Post reports that O’Mara, the attorney who defended and won Zimmerman’s acquittal in the highly publicized trial, faces an ethics complaint over his handling of the trial. News of the complaint was confirmed Monday by the Florida Bar.
O’Mara declined to comment on the ethics complaint, which is being investigated by the state bar association, according to the Orlando Sentinel. It is unclear who filed the complaint and what allegations O’Mara faces.
“The Florida bar has one case pending at staff in regard to Atty. Mark O’Mara’s representation of George Zimmerman. All other information is confidential at this time, as is the case with all open investigations,” the bar said in a statement obtained by ABC News.
The ethics complaint comes months after Zimmerman’s acquittal on second-degree murder charges July 13. O’Mara, who volunteered to represent the former neighborhood watch volunteer at no charge just weeks after he was charged with the Martin’s murder, has since made efforts to distance himself from Zimmerman.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here