*”Saturday Night Live” vet Amy Poehler says she’s all for the addition of African American comedienne Sasheer Zamata to the cast – particularly since the two share a common start.
Zamata and two new African American female writers – LaKendra Tookes and Leslie Jones, all discovered during the show’s recent auditions – were hired as a response to criticism that the show needed more black women on both sides of the camera.
Last week, Poehler was asked to comment on the hiring of Zamata and appeared to blow off the question. Her response was reported as, “Ugh, I don’t want to talk about this. Pass.”
Asked about Zamata today during a panel for the new Comedy Central show “Broad City,” which she executive produces, the 42-year-old “Parks & Recreation” star was extra eager to respond.
“I’m so glad you asked that,” she said. “I recently did an interview where they misquoted me out of context as if I passed to respond to Sasheer’s hiring. But I had done that interview weeks ago and I have not had a chance to officially say congratulations to her.”
It turns out Poehler and the two “Broad City” stars, Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer, all know Zamata from the New York comedy troupe Upright Citizens Brigade (UCB).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- DJ Kool Herc Sues HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ for Using His Identity
- Stacii Jae Johnson Writes the Book on Dating Lots of Men
- Former ‘American Idol’ Finalist Rickey Smith Killed in Car Accident
- Ciara Gets Back at Future: She'll Grill Him Under Oath in Court
- Did Katherine Jackson Pressure Janet to Have Baby at 50?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here