*”Saturday Night Live” vet Amy Poehler says she’s all for the addition of African American comedienne Sasheer Zamata to the cast – particularly since the two share a common start.
Zamata and two new African American female writers – LaKendra Tookes and Leslie Jones, all discovered during the show’s recent auditions – were hired as a response to criticism that the show needed more black women on both sides of the camera.
Last week, Poehler was asked to comment on the hiring of Zamata and appeared to blow off the question. Her response was reported as, “Ugh, I don’t want to talk about this. Pass.”
Asked about Zamata today during a panel for the new Comedy Central show “Broad City,” which she executive produces, the 42-year-old “Parks & Recreation” star was extra eager to respond.
“I’m so glad you asked that,” she said. “I recently did an interview where they misquoted me out of context as if I passed to respond to Sasheer’s hiring. But I had done that interview weeks ago and I have not had a chance to officially say congratulations to her.”
It turns out Poehler and the two “Broad City” stars, Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer, all know Zamata from the New York comedy troupe Upright Citizens Brigade (UCB).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jameis Winston: ‘Lions Do Not Accept Opinions of F*cking Sheep!’
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here