*”Saturday Night Live” vet Amy Poehler says she’s all for the addition of African American comedienne Sasheer Zamata to the cast – particularly since the two share a common start.
Zamata and two new African American female writers – LaKendra Tookes and Leslie Jones, all discovered during the show’s recent auditions – were hired as a response to criticism that the show needed more black women on both sides of the camera.
Last week, Poehler was asked to comment on the hiring of Zamata and appeared to blow off the question. Her response was reported as, “Ugh, I don’t want to talk about this. Pass.”
Asked about Zamata today during a panel for the new Comedy Central show “Broad City,” which she executive produces, the 42-year-old “Parks & Recreation” star was extra eager to respond.
“I’m so glad you asked that,” she said. “I recently did an interview where they misquoted me out of context as if I passed to respond to Sasheer’s hiring. But I had done that interview weeks ago and I have not had a chance to officially say congratulations to her.”
It turns out Poehler and the two “Broad City” stars, Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer, all know Zamata from the New York comedy troupe Upright Citizens Brigade (UCB).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here