*”Saturday Night Live” vet Amy Poehler says she’s all for the addition of African American comedienne Sasheer Zamata to the cast – particularly since the two share a common start.
Zamata and two new African American female writers – LaKendra Tookes and Leslie Jones, all discovered during the show’s recent auditions – were hired as a response to criticism that the show needed more black women on both sides of the camera.
Last week, Poehler was asked to comment on the hiring of Zamata and appeared to blow off the question. Her response was reported as, “Ugh, I don’t want to talk about this. Pass.”
Asked about Zamata today during a panel for the new Comedy Central show “Broad City,” which she executive produces, the 42-year-old “Parks & Recreation” star was extra eager to respond.
“I’m so glad you asked that,” she said. “I recently did an interview where they misquoted me out of context as if I passed to respond to Sasheer’s hiring. But I had done that interview weeks ago and I have not had a chance to officially say congratulations to her.”
It turns out Poehler and the two “Broad City” stars, Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer, all know Zamata from the New York comedy troupe Upright Citizens Brigade (UCB).
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here