*”Saturday Night Live” vet Amy Poehler says she’s all for the addition of African American comedienne Sasheer Zamata to the cast – particularly since the two share a common start.
Zamata and two new African American female writers – LaKendra Tookes and Leslie Jones, all discovered during the show’s recent auditions – were hired as a response to criticism that the show needed more black women on both sides of the camera.
Last week, Poehler was asked to comment on the hiring of Zamata and appeared to blow off the question. Her response was reported as, “Ugh, I don’t want to talk about this. Pass.”
Asked about Zamata today during a panel for the new Comedy Central show “Broad City,” which she executive produces, the 42-year-old “Parks & Recreation” star was extra eager to respond.
“I’m so glad you asked that,” she said. “I recently did an interview where they misquoted me out of context as if I passed to respond to Sasheer’s hiring. But I had done that interview weeks ago and I have not had a chance to officially say congratulations to her.”
It turns out Poehler and the two “Broad City” stars, Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer, all know Zamata from the New York comedy troupe Upright Citizens Brigade (UCB).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here