*In 2009, Angela Logan made national headlines when she decided to sell her homemade apple cakes in an effort to keep her home out of foreclosure.
The model and actress first fell on hard times when one of her talent agencies shut down without paying her for commercial work. In 2007, a contractor she paid to renovate her home did just a portion of the job before splitting with all of the money – leaving her entire second floor looking like an abandoned construction site.
It was then that the 55-year-old divorced mother of three began to fall behind on her mortgage and other bills. A counselor at Consumer Credit Counseling of New Jersey brainstormed with her to come up with ways she could earn extra income.
“I put together a plan to go back to school, to do hair, and to sell the cakes,” Logan told the TCA at its press tour in Pasadena on Saturday. “The cakes were like the final thing because school was going to happen later. The hair was not enough money. And I said what if I sell these cakes?”
The incredible journey that followed caught the attention of execs at the UP network (formerly GMC). On April 27, at 7 p.m., the channel will premiere “Apple Mortgage Cake,” with Kimberly Elise playing Logan in the story of how she literally baked her way out of debt…one cake at a time.
“It was really an honor to get to tell the story, to get to tell Angela’s story to inspire people,” said Elise.
“Everybody should look at what skill do you own that you can make the most of to get yourself out of a situation. And that’s really inspiring.”
Below, Logan talks about the absolute “lowest point” of her journey — having to ask people for help.
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here