*In 2009, Angela Logan made national headlines when she decided to sell her homemade apple cakes in an effort to keep her home out of foreclosure.
The model and actress first fell on hard times when one of her talent agencies shut down without paying her for commercial work. In 2007, a contractor she paid to renovate her home did just a portion of the job before splitting with all of the money – leaving her entire second floor looking like an abandoned construction site.
It was then that the 55-year-old divorced mother of three began to fall behind on her mortgage and other bills. A counselor at Consumer Credit Counseling of New Jersey brainstormed with her to come up with ways she could earn extra income.
“I put together a plan to go back to school, to do hair, and to sell the cakes,” Logan told the TCA at its press tour in Pasadena on Saturday. “The cakes were like the final thing because school was going to happen later. The hair was not enough money. And I said what if I sell these cakes?”
The incredible journey that followed caught the attention of execs at the UP network (formerly GMC). On April 27, at 7 p.m., the channel will premiere “Apple Mortgage Cake,” with Kimberly Elise playing Logan in the story of how she literally baked her way out of debt…one cake at a time.
“It was really an honor to get to tell the story, to get to tell Angela’s story to inspire people,” said Elise.
“Everybody should look at what skill do you own that you can make the most of to get yourself out of a situation. And that’s really inspiring.”
Below, Logan talks about the absolute “lowest point” of her journey — having to ask people for help.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here