*Los Angeles/San Diego – We’re Back! “Back to Basics: The Music & Entertainment Summit 2014,” the ultimate networking event for the music-entertainment industry, is coming May 1-4, 2014, to the San Diego Conference Center of the Four Points by Sheraton, 8110 Aero Drive, San Diego, California 92123.
The event places attendees alongside the most experienced and influential executives in R&B/Hip-Hop/Pop, Contemporary Gospel, Radio & Mix Show DJs, Social Media, the Digital Technology Realm, Music Songwriting & Production, Marketing & Branding, Urban Lifestyle, the Indie-Entrepreneurial Arena, and more.
Early Bird Registration is $100 for the entire Summit. Hotel guest rooms are $139 per night.
Many in the music industry have great memories of the numerous Urban Network Conferences that took place throughout the 90s and first decade of the 2000s in locations such as Palm Springs, and Orange Country, California. Key producers from those events have reunited to coordinate the spring-time Summit. They are
Arthur Mitchell, President, Urban Network Digital; David Mitchell, Publisher, Amalgamation Magazine; Tosha Y. Thomas, Founder, the Car Diva.net; Harold Whaley, Program Director, Urban Network Radio; and Urban Network Gospel Editor Lin Woods, Gospel Music Day Coordinator.
This year’s Summit Co-Chairs are former Urban Network President Miller London, who will act as a consultant for the event; San Diego’s very own DJ Bille Knight; and longtime record executive Troy Marshall. Mr. London, a former Vice President of Motown Records, and one-time President of Black Music at A&M Records, will be honored for his more than 40 years of service to the music business. Both Mr. Knight and Mr. Marshall will bring expertise, along with their network of DJs and industry relationships to the Summit. More Co-Chairs will be announced in the weeks ahead.
An elite group of industry executives have signed on as part of the Summit’s Business Development Team. They include Robert (Leo) Rodgers, MBA, Sr. VP & Label Liaison, Bungalo Records/Universal Music Group Distribution; John Patillo, FUNN Networks/5150 Media; Tayari Howard, Owner, KKSDJazz.com; Life Griffith, Global Position Solutions; DJ Artistic/Arthur Mitchell III, President, Mitchell Media; Lupe Rose, CEO, Indee Corp/Social Media TV Network; Leonard Thompson, CEO, M.A.N.D.A.T.E. Records; and Allen Johnston, Industry Consultant, the Music Specialist.
Executive panelists are starting to come on board, and sponsorship opportunities are still available. The Summit will also be an opportunity for recording artists, producers, and songwriters to display their talents through various scheduled showcases, through the A&R resource Be Seen & Be Heard, and branding platforms like the Summit mix tape/CDs and online streaming.
So mark your calendar for the ultimate music-entertainment networking and talent showcasing event.
Visit the following links for schedule, panelists, sponsorship info, etc.:
Register at the following link:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- What Happened to US Government Employee Kanika Powell?
- Danny Glover Joins Gabrielle Union's ‘A Meyer’s Christmas’; Ernie Hudson Added to ‘Graves’
- Detroit Woman’s ‘Dead Body on Lawn’ Halloween Prank Draws 911 Calls
- New Radio Station: ItzYourzRadioLive.com Now Broadcasting
- You Could Break the Bank Going to 'The Happiest Place On Earth!'
- Walter Scott’s Family Gets $6.5M in Settlement With N. Charleston (Watch)
- ‘Star Wars’ Actor John Boyega to Racist Fans: ‘I’m In the Movie, What Are You Gonna Do About It?’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here