*During a TCA panel Tuesday for his new FX series “Fargo,” Billy Bob Thornton couldn’t resist mentioning Kanye West’s latest headline-grabbing incident while making a point about celebrity.
Thornton plays a creepy bad guy named Lorne Malvo in the series, which has a new case and new characters, but retains all of the charm, accents and small town quirkiness from the Coen Bros’ 1996 classic.
Asked if he was actively pursuing a television role, Thornton conceded that the quality of work on the small screen has surpassed that of feature films, citing “Boardwalk Empire,” “The Sopranos” and “The Wire” as examples.
“Television has now taken that spot,” he told TV critics in Pasadena. “So for actors who really want to do good dramatic work or good work with dark humor and drama, you kind of have to do it on television, and it’s a great opportunity to develop a character over a period of time.”
Below, Thornton underscored his point by mentioning a certain rapper currently under police investigation for misdemeanor assault – after allegedly chasing an 18-year-old boy into a Beverly Hills medical building and punching him for using racial slurs against his baby mama.
“Fargo” will premiere on Tuesday, April 15 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX.
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here