*During a TCA panel Tuesday for his new FX series “Fargo,” Billy Bob Thornton couldn’t resist mentioning Kanye West’s latest headline-grabbing incident while making a point about celebrity.
Thornton plays a creepy bad guy named Lorne Malvo in the series, which has a new case and new characters, but retains all of the charm, accents and small town quirkiness from the Coen Bros’ 1996 classic.
Asked if he was actively pursuing a television role, Thornton conceded that the quality of work on the small screen has surpassed that of feature films, citing “Boardwalk Empire,” “The Sopranos” and “The Wire” as examples.
“Television has now taken that spot,” he told TV critics in Pasadena. “So for actors who really want to do good dramatic work or good work with dark humor and drama, you kind of have to do it on television, and it’s a great opportunity to develop a character over a period of time.”
Below, Thornton underscored his point by mentioning a certain rapper currently under police investigation for misdemeanor assault – after allegedly chasing an 18-year-old boy into a Beverly Hills medical building and punching him for using racial slurs against his baby mama.
“Fargo” will premiere on Tuesday, April 15 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here