*During a TCA panel Tuesday for his new FX series “Fargo,” Billy Bob Thornton couldn’t resist mentioning Kanye West’s latest headline-grabbing incident while making a point about celebrity.
Thornton plays a creepy bad guy named Lorne Malvo in the series, which has a new case and new characters, but retains all of the charm, accents and small town quirkiness from the Coen Bros’ 1996 classic.
Asked if he was actively pursuing a television role, Thornton conceded that the quality of work on the small screen has surpassed that of feature films, citing “Boardwalk Empire,” “The Sopranos” and “The Wire” as examples.
“Television has now taken that spot,” he told TV critics in Pasadena. “So for actors who really want to do good dramatic work or good work with dark humor and drama, you kind of have to do it on television, and it’s a great opportunity to develop a character over a period of time.”
Below, Thornton underscored his point by mentioning a certain rapper currently under police investigation for misdemeanor assault – after allegedly chasing an 18-year-old boy into a Beverly Hills medical building and punching him for using racial slurs against his baby mama.
“Fargo” will premiere on Tuesday, April 15 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here