*During a TCA panel Tuesday for his new FX series “Fargo,” Billy Bob Thornton couldn’t resist mentioning Kanye West’s latest headline-grabbing incident while making a point about celebrity.
Thornton plays a creepy bad guy named Lorne Malvo in the series, which has a new case and new characters, but retains all of the charm, accents and small town quirkiness from the Coen Bros’ 1996 classic.
Asked if he was actively pursuing a television role, Thornton conceded that the quality of work on the small screen has surpassed that of feature films, citing “Boardwalk Empire,” “The Sopranos” and “The Wire” as examples.
“Television has now taken that spot,” he told TV critics in Pasadena. “So for actors who really want to do good dramatic work or good work with dark humor and drama, you kind of have to do it on television, and it’s a great opportunity to develop a character over a period of time.”
Below, Thornton underscored his point by mentioning a certain rapper currently under police investigation for misdemeanor assault – after allegedly chasing an 18-year-old boy into a Beverly Hills medical building and punching him for using racial slurs against his baby mama.
“Fargo” will premiere on Tuesday, April 15 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX.
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here