According to reports, NBC has ordered six episodes of his new comedy series. The show, which was first announced as a possibility in the fall of 2012, was given a pilot order from the network.
Robinson stars in the show as a talented musician with rough edges, who adjusts to his new life as a music teacher in a big-city middle school, where he encounters teacher politics and the temptations of single moms.
In addition to Robinson, the untitled series, will feature Larenz Tate and Amandla Stenberg. Tate would play Robinson’s character’s brother and partner in the duo’s band, The Filthy Gentleman. Stenberg would play a spunky, fearless and smart 8th grader who yearns to learn to sing despite the fact that she can’t.
At this time, there is no time set for Robinson’s series to air.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here