*The “American Idol” audition train rolls into Salt Lake City, Utah on Wednesday’s episode, and it’s there where we find perhaps the most eclectic audition group of this young 13th season – including the daughter of a hip hop legend.
Carmen Delgina, 24, stunned the judges when she revealed that Wonder Mike from the Sugarhill Gang is her daddy.
“Oh my God! Are you kidding?” screamed Jennifer Lopez before footage cut to her pops busting his famous intro to “Rapper’s Delight” in the waiting room.
We’ll have to watch the episode to find out if Delgina’s rendition of “Tainted Love” was enough to send her through to Hollywood. She had some tough competition.
“There was a lot of talent here,” judge Harry Connick Jr. told us after Salt Lake City auditions wrapped. “Granted, some of it was from other parts of the country because of the bus auditions, but we saw a lot of great talent locally, which is really cool. Because, frankly, you don’t think of Salt Lake City as a music town, you just don’t. And I think all of us were pleasantly surprised.
J.Lo added: “In comparison to some of the other cities as well, we were blown away. It was a lot of people that we wound up putting through and that we think could really go the distance.”
Could one of them be 25-year-old Samantha Calmes ? Watch her try to jazz up the theme song to “The Jeffersons,” and watch Wonder Mike’s daughter Carmen sing “Tainted Love” below.
This “Salt Lake City” episode of “American Idol” airs Wednesday from 8 to 10 p.m. on FOX.
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here