*Police in Washington, D.C. have launched an internal affairs investigation into statement discrepancies related to Chris Brown’s recent assault case.
The singer, who is still on probation for his 2009 attack on then-girlfriend Rihanna, was charged with a misdemeanor in October after he was involved in a fight outside a hotel.
He has pleaded not guilty, and recently rejected prosecutors’ offer to reduce the count to simple assault if he changed his plea after his lawyer asked to see surveillance video footage from the night of the incident before entering negotiations.
Now it has emerged that investigators have launched an internal probe amid claims that an officer who had been at the scene of the alleged clash told one of Brown’s acquaintances that the singer had never punched the alleged victim.
According to police records, the R&B star’s unidentified friend relayed the conversation to detectives in charge of the case, only for the cop in question to deny even speaking to the witness.
However, a uniformed Secret Service agent, who had also been on the scene, spoke out in support of Brown’s affiliate after overhearing the reported conversation – and now the conflicting evidence is under review.
A statement released to The Associated Press from Police Chief Cathy Lanier reads: “We are aware of the discrepancy among witness statements in the Chris Brown case. This is not uncommon in cases with multiple witnesses involved. We have received no complaint of misconduct on the part of any officer in this matter.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here