You’re probably wondering if this Brando Murphy guy is related to Eddie? Well, that’s a very interesting question. In fact, it goes to the heart of the matter.
Young Mr. Murphy is basically passing himself off as Eddie’s son and Eddie is non-too pleased.
According to TMZ, Eddie’s lawyer fired off several threatening letters to Brando Murphy, claiming the comedian has told anyone who will listen that he’s Eddie’s son. In one letter, Eddie’s lawyer, legal pit bull Marty Singer, threatens to sue him for millions if he doesn’t back off.
According to the letters, these are some of the things Brando has done:
— Changed his last name to Murphy
— Performing with Richard Pryor’s son, Mason, in the “Sons of Comedy” tour.
— Showing up at the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Eddie frequents and screaming, “My father won’t talk to me!”
But get this. Brando ain’t scurred. Dude reportedly sent his own threatening letter to Eddie, insisting he’s never presented himself as Eddie’s son and calling Eddie’s accusations “vile, base, contemptible, miserable, wretched and loathsome.”
Brando says he’ll sue Eddie for defamation if he continues what he calls a campaign of intimidation.
Whoa! How about dem apples.
Anyway, if you wanna see what Brando Murphy can do with a mic and some jokes, check the video below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here