*Jeff “Ja Rule” Atkins wants to be seen as more than a musician.
EURweb has an exclusive behind-the-scenes video of Ja Rule talking about his transitions from rapper to actor.
“The first thing people see is the musician and they see you as only that” said the artist. “When I do certain roles and movies sometimes it doesn’t resonate right away. People say you are Ja Rule. You do music.”
To watch the full interview click here.
The New York native is interested how audiences will perceive him in a religious role.
“People are going to get a chance to say, ‘I really don’t know Ja Rule, as well as I thought I did,'” said the actor. “I’m really curious and excited to see how all this turns out. I’ve never been sacred of a challenge.”
“I’m In Love With A Church Girl” is a heart-warming story about the transformative power of love and redemption. Based on the real-life events of executive producer Galley Molina, the film received the Dove Foundation “Family Approved” seal of approval.
Ja Rule (Miles) plays a retired high-level drug trafficker who has gone legitimate—the problem is he hasn’t quite left his old friends and his old lifestyle behind. When he meets Bailon (Vanessa), a church girl in every sense of the word, he is drawn to her spirituality even though she’s nothing like the girls he’s used to dating. As Ja Rule struggles to stay on the right side of the law, both he and Bailon find that their faith in God— and each other—is tested to its limits.
The uplifting picture also stars Stephen Baldwin (The Usual Suspects), Vincent Pastore (The Sopranos), and Michael Madsen (Reservoir Dogs).
Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Israel Houghton, notably known as the worship leader for Joel Osteen’s ministries also executive-produced the movie.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here