*Jeff “Ja Rule” Atkins wants to be seen as more than a musician.
EURweb has an exclusive behind-the-scenes video of Ja Rule talking about his transitions from rapper to actor.
“The first thing people see is the musician and they see you as only that” said the artist. “When I do certain roles and movies sometimes it doesn’t resonate right away. People say you are Ja Rule. You do music.”
To watch the full interview click here.
The New York native is interested how audiences will perceive him in a religious role.
“People are going to get a chance to say, ‘I really don’t know Ja Rule, as well as I thought I did,'” said the actor. “I’m really curious and excited to see how all this turns out. I’ve never been sacred of a challenge.”
“I’m In Love With A Church Girl” is a heart-warming story about the transformative power of love and redemption. Based on the real-life events of executive producer Galley Molina, the film received the Dove Foundation “Family Approved” seal of approval.
Ja Rule (Miles) plays a retired high-level drug trafficker who has gone legitimate—the problem is he hasn’t quite left his old friends and his old lifestyle behind. When he meets Bailon (Vanessa), a church girl in every sense of the word, he is drawn to her spirituality even though she’s nothing like the girls he’s used to dating. As Ja Rule struggles to stay on the right side of the law, both he and Bailon find that their faith in God— and each other—is tested to its limits.
The uplifting picture also stars Stephen Baldwin (The Usual Suspects), Vincent Pastore (The Sopranos), and Michael Madsen (Reservoir Dogs).
Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Israel Houghton, notably known as the worship leader for Joel Osteen’s ministries also executive-produced the movie.
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here