*Was it something he said?
Boxer Evander Holyfield has become the first contestant to be evicted from Britain’s “Celebrity Big Brother,” days after making headlines for making homophobic comments on the reality series.
The five-time world heavyweight champion entered the house to huge cheers last week, but he quickly fell out of favor with the public and his fellow housemates after he suggested homosexuality could be “fixed” by a doctor.
Holyfield was being asked about his views on openly gay athletes by fellow housemate Luisa Zissman when he replied, “But that ain’t normal.”
His comments prompted Zissman to add, “That’s just the way some people are born”, to which he replied, “It don’t make no difference. If you’re born and your legs were turned this way, what do you do? You go to a doctor and get it fixed back right.”
Holyfield was reprimanded for his controversial response by “Big Brother” producers, and he was the first celebrity to be booted from the show on Friday after scoring the fewest votes from the public.
Speaking after his eviction, he told host Emma Willis, “Of course I thought I would be loved here. I got a few votes, but not enough.”
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here