*Was it something he said?
Boxer Evander Holyfield has become the first contestant to be evicted from Britain’s “Celebrity Big Brother,” days after making headlines for making homophobic comments on the reality series.
The five-time world heavyweight champion entered the house to huge cheers last week, but he quickly fell out of favor with the public and his fellow housemates after he suggested homosexuality could be “fixed” by a doctor.
Holyfield was being asked about his views on openly gay athletes by fellow housemate Luisa Zissman when he replied, “But that ain’t normal.”
His comments prompted Zissman to add, “That’s just the way some people are born”, to which he replied, “It don’t make no difference. If you’re born and your legs were turned this way, what do you do? You go to a doctor and get it fixed back right.”
Holyfield was reprimanded for his controversial response by “Big Brother” producers, and he was the first celebrity to be booted from the show on Friday after scoring the fewest votes from the public.
Speaking after his eviction, he told host Emma Willis, “Of course I thought I would be loved here. I got a few votes, but not enough.”
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Mother Who Killed Her Kids Tells Court, 'I'd Do it Again!' (Disturbing Video)
- Queen Latifah, Jennifer Garner Lead TD Jakes’ ‘Miracles From Heaven’
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’s’ John Schneider Rips TV Land for Pulling Show Over Rebel Flag (Watch)
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- EUR Exclusive: Boris and Nicole Discuss New Talk Show (WATCH)
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here