*Was it something he said?
Boxer Evander Holyfield has become the first contestant to be evicted from Britain’s “Celebrity Big Brother,” days after making headlines for making homophobic comments on the reality series.
The five-time world heavyweight champion entered the house to huge cheers last week, but he quickly fell out of favor with the public and his fellow housemates after he suggested homosexuality could be “fixed” by a doctor.
Holyfield was being asked about his views on openly gay athletes by fellow housemate Luisa Zissman when he replied, “But that ain’t normal.”
His comments prompted Zissman to add, “That’s just the way some people are born”, to which he replied, “It don’t make no difference. If you’re born and your legs were turned this way, what do you do? You go to a doctor and get it fixed back right.”
Holyfield was reprimanded for his controversial response by “Big Brother” producers, and he was the first celebrity to be booted from the show on Friday after scoring the fewest votes from the public.
Speaking after his eviction, he told host Emma Willis, “Of course I thought I would be loved here. I got a few votes, but not enough.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Report: Tyga Hooked Up With Same Porn Star as Charlie Sheen; Jenners in 'Meltdown Mode'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here