*Was it something he said?
Boxer Evander Holyfield has become the first contestant to be evicted from Britain’s “Celebrity Big Brother,” days after making headlines for making homophobic comments on the reality series.
The five-time world heavyweight champion entered the house to huge cheers last week, but he quickly fell out of favor with the public and his fellow housemates after he suggested homosexuality could be “fixed” by a doctor.
Holyfield was being asked about his views on openly gay athletes by fellow housemate Luisa Zissman when he replied, “But that ain’t normal.”
His comments prompted Zissman to add, “That’s just the way some people are born”, to which he replied, “It don’t make no difference. If you’re born and your legs were turned this way, what do you do? You go to a doctor and get it fixed back right.”
Holyfield was reprimanded for his controversial response by “Big Brother” producers, and he was the first celebrity to be booted from the show on Friday after scoring the fewest votes from the public.
Speaking after his eviction, he told host Emma Willis, “Of course I thought I would be loved here. I got a few votes, but not enough.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here