*Was it something he said?
Boxer Evander Holyfield has become the first contestant to be evicted from Britain’s “Celebrity Big Brother,” days after making headlines for making homophobic comments on the reality series.
The five-time world heavyweight champion entered the house to huge cheers last week, but he quickly fell out of favor with the public and his fellow housemates after he suggested homosexuality could be “fixed” by a doctor.
Holyfield was being asked about his views on openly gay athletes by fellow housemate Luisa Zissman when he replied, “But that ain’t normal.”
His comments prompted Zissman to add, “That’s just the way some people are born”, to which he replied, “It don’t make no difference. If you’re born and your legs were turned this way, what do you do? You go to a doctor and get it fixed back right.”
Holyfield was reprimanded for his controversial response by “Big Brother” producers, and he was the first celebrity to be booted from the show on Friday after scoring the fewest votes from the public.
Speaking after his eviction, he told host Emma Willis, “Of course I thought I would be loved here. I got a few votes, but not enough.”
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here