People reports that despite the parting, the former couple’s priority remains in raising their daughter, Lauryn Anabelle.
“Diana and I have ended our relationship. However, we are committed to working together to raise our daughter in a healthy and happy environment,” Martinez told the site.
The break-up officially closes the book on the Iraq war vet’s romantic relationship with Gonzalez-Jones. The pair met when Martinez joined the cast of “All My Children” in 2008. At the time, Gonzalez-Jones was working as an assistant to the daytime soap’s executive producer. Martinez and Gonzalez-Jones initially started out as friends before entering the romantic phase four years ago.
Reflecting on the end of his split from Gonzalez-Jones, Martinez posted a message to his Facebook page Wednesday that addressed the difficulties of accepting change.
“People change [it’s] a part of life, but sometimes [it’s] easier to hold on to the memories of who they were rather [than] to realize who they have become…” he wrote.
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here