*Although a stopped heart is listed as his official cause of death, more details have surfaced regarding the death of James Avery.
TMZ, which obtained the actor’s death certificate, reports that Avery, who was best known for playing Uncle Phil on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” suffered from several major medical problems for years before dying from complications after open heart surgery.
Among the conditions Avery suffered from were severe coronary heart disease, end-stage kidney disease and type-2 diabetes.
The 68-year-old’s official cause of death is listed as cardiorespiratory arrest (i.e. a stopped heart).
According to the death certificate, Avery was cremated. His remains were scattered at sea off the coast of L.A.
To see James Avery’s death certificate, click here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rocker Malina Moye Talks to EURweb About Grammy Considerations
- Karyn White Snubbed! Left Out of Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- Teen Killed By Black Man, Authorities Refuse to Press Charges (Watch)
- Chicago Cop (Jason Van Dyke) Who Killed Jaquan McDonald Free on Bond
- Jameis Winston: ‘Lions Do Not Accept Opinions of F*cking Sheep!’
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here