*Although a stopped heart is listed as his official cause of death, more details have surfaced regarding the death of James Avery.
TMZ, which obtained the actor’s death certificate, reports that Avery, who was best known for playing Uncle Phil on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” suffered from several major medical problems for years before dying from complications after open heart surgery.
Among the conditions Avery suffered from were severe coronary heart disease, end-stage kidney disease and type-2 diabetes.
The 68-year-old’s official cause of death is listed as cardiorespiratory arrest (i.e. a stopped heart).
According to the death certificate, Avery was cremated. His remains were scattered at sea off the coast of L.A.
To see James Avery’s death certificate, click here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Screen Actors Guild Honors Outstanding Performances at 22nd Annual SAG Awards
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here