*Although a stopped heart is listed as his official cause of death, more details have surfaced regarding the death of James Avery.
TMZ, which obtained the actor’s death certificate, reports that Avery, who was best known for playing Uncle Phil on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” suffered from several major medical problems for years before dying from complications after open heart surgery.
Among the conditions Avery suffered from were severe coronary heart disease, end-stage kidney disease and type-2 diabetes.
The 68-year-old’s official cause of death is listed as cardiorespiratory arrest (i.e. a stopped heart).
According to the death certificate, Avery was cremated. His remains were scattered at sea off the coast of L.A.
To see James Avery’s death certificate, click here.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here