*Although a stopped heart is listed as his official cause of death, more details have surfaced regarding the death of James Avery.
TMZ, which obtained the actor’s death certificate, reports that Avery, who was best known for playing Uncle Phil on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” suffered from several major medical problems for years before dying from complications after open heart surgery.
Among the conditions Avery suffered from were severe coronary heart disease, end-stage kidney disease and type-2 diabetes.
The 68-year-old’s official cause of death is listed as cardiorespiratory arrest (i.e. a stopped heart).
According to the death certificate, Avery was cremated. His remains were scattered at sea off the coast of L.A.
To see James Avery’s death certificate, click here.
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here