*Although a stopped heart is listed as his official cause of death, more details have surfaced regarding the death of James Avery.
TMZ, which obtained the actor’s death certificate, reports that Avery, who was best known for playing Uncle Phil on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” suffered from several major medical problems for years before dying from complications after open heart surgery.
Among the conditions Avery suffered from were severe coronary heart disease, end-stage kidney disease and type-2 diabetes.
The 68-year-old’s official cause of death is listed as cardiorespiratory arrest (i.e. a stopped heart).
According to the death certificate, Avery was cremated. His remains were scattered at sea off the coast of L.A.
To see James Avery’s death certificate, click here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here