Price exhibits no such hate for her fellow singers as she said the love is still there for the group, which recently drew headlines over perceived negative comments about Price’s persona on “R&B Divas.”
“I don’t have a reaction to it,” Price told Hip Hollywood. “Because I am very very clear that sometimes things can be misinterpreted or if they’re even placed in the wrong place that they can be received the wrong way and because I’m a victim of that, I refuse to jump fool and believe anything other than what I have always known of the ladies.”
Price’s reaction comes amid recent comments SWV made about Price’s persona on “R&B Divas” that were perceived as negative. During an interview promoting their new reality TV show, “SWV Reunited,” the trio mentioned how they weren’t worried about whether their small screen exposure would ruin their reputation.
“We were aware that the cameras were there and they were filming everything. You gotta be smart when you’re taping reality TV. You can’t just act any kinda crazy way. You gotta think smart,” said Coko. “I don’t think we’re acting like Kelly Price [of ‘R&B Divas: LA].”
“It was such a drastic change from the person you know and see singing from the person who was on camera,” Taj added. “We’re not that different. I don’t think that their perception of us will be much different from what it is now.”
Despite the comments coming off negatively, there is loss of respect and love for SWV from Price, a self-professed fan.
“I love them, I appreciate them, I was fans of theirs before I was an artist,” Price confessed. “It was inspirational for me to even see, particularly with Coko because she was a church kid that came out of strict church home too, to see that she can make that transition and still be respectable and noted so I have no reaction … Get your check girl.”
To see Kelly Price’s reaction to the SWV comments, check out the clip below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here