*Kendrick Lamar has nothing but love for Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, despite the group’s Grammy win for Best Rap Album causing outrage among hip hop fans who felt that Kendrick deserved it for his studio debut, “Good Kid M.A.A.D City.”
Macklemore even sent Lamar a text message apologizing for the win, but K.Dot says no apology is necessary.
“It’s well-deserved; he did what he did, man,” Kendrick told XXL of Macklemore’s Grammys sweep. “He went out there and hustled and grinded. Everything happens for a reason; the universe comes back around, that’s how it go.”
The Compton rapper is no sore loser, happily making cameos at both J.Cole and Dom Kennedy s shows in New York City Tuesday night to show support, according to MTV.com. Still, he reiterated the fact that hip-hop deserves a better look at the annual show.
“I definitely feel like they should always have more of the culture up in there, for sure, because we definitely stand out just like any other genre,” he said. “We part of the world. We part of the movement. So I think any awards, including the Grammys, should always push for more hip-hop because it’s music as a whole, it’s not just splitting different regions. Everything moves as far as sound and vibrations, and that’s how it goes. And we are a part of that.”
During an interview with Hot 97 on Monday, Macklemore explained that hip-hop will probably never get the appreciation it deserves at the Grammys, unless the ballot voting system is changed.
“What makes it awkward for me is the fact that you never want to be the person that’s robbing somebody else. And I think what people don’t understand, is what the Grammys are. It’s a bunch of people on the Grammy committee, in the industry, that get a ballot,” he said. “I got a ballot this year. Now, as I’m filling out the ballot I’m realizing I don’t know much outside of the genre of hip-hop. So people are filing out bubbles of genres that they don’t know about, and that’s the process of it.”
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here