Recently, the two have expressed their support after Winston’s Monday night victory over Auburn University and post-game interview — in fact, calling him a role model.
Winston was cleared from sexual assault charges in December 2013. He was under investigation for sexual assault and raping a woman at an off-campus apartment on Dec. 7, 2012.
“We’ve carefully examined all the evidence in this case and have concluded that no charges will be filed against anyone in this case,” Willis Meggs said
Nevertheless, both pro athletes took to Twitter to express their amazement with Winston, but their fans weren’t too amazed at all.
James tweeted, “UN-Freaking-believable interview by Jameis!! Just shows part of the reason why he’s SPECIAL!”
“Love listening to this dude Jameis Winston talk after games! Walks and talks like a true champion! A great role model for kids to look up to,” Bush tweeted, also.
Some fan reactions are below:
“@ReggieBush Getting accused of rape and drinking while underage in a bar is a role model for kids? These are virtues?,” @UtahPigBus tweeted.
“Well @utahpigbus when you’re @ReggieBush morals and values are pretty low to begin with. #neversaidsorry,” @MalibuRumBarbie replied.
But regardless of the controversy of calling Winston a role model, the woman’s attorney, Patricia Caroll, wants to reexamine the case — appealing to the attorney general to investigate the Tallahassee Police Department’s handling of the case.
“It appears to me to be a complete failure of an investigation of a rape case,” Carroll said during the 90-minute news conference.
“I’m not focusing on football,” she said. “Sometimes it’s not about football. Sometimes it’s about rape.”
- Cynthia Bailey Responds to NeNe Leaving RHOA
- Maybe We Can't Solve World Hunger...But We Can Put a Serious Dent in It By Doing This!
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here