Recently, the two have expressed their support after Winston’s Monday night victory over Auburn University and post-game interview — in fact, calling him a role model.
Winston was cleared from sexual assault charges in December 2013. He was under investigation for sexual assault and raping a woman at an off-campus apartment on Dec. 7, 2012.
“We’ve carefully examined all the evidence in this case and have concluded that no charges will be filed against anyone in this case,” Willis Meggs said
Nevertheless, both pro athletes took to Twitter to express their amazement with Winston, but their fans weren’t too amazed at all.
James tweeted, “UN-Freaking-believable interview by Jameis!! Just shows part of the reason why he’s SPECIAL!”
“Love listening to this dude Jameis Winston talk after games! Walks and talks like a true champion! A great role model for kids to look up to,” Bush tweeted, also.
Some fan reactions are below:
“@ReggieBush Getting accused of rape and drinking while underage in a bar is a role model for kids? These are virtues?,” @UtahPigBus tweeted.
“Well @utahpigbus when you’re @ReggieBush morals and values are pretty low to begin with. #neversaidsorry,” @MalibuRumBarbie replied.
But regardless of the controversy of calling Winston a role model, the woman’s attorney, Patricia Caroll, wants to reexamine the case — appealing to the attorney general to investigate the Tallahassee Police Department’s handling of the case.
“It appears to me to be a complete failure of an investigation of a rape case,” Carroll said during the 90-minute news conference.
“I’m not focusing on football,” she said. “Sometimes it’s not about football. Sometimes it’s about rape.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here