To do that, the network has given the green light … a pilot order … to “Empire” from director Lee Daniels and writer Danny Strong. The collaboration also includes Imagine Entertainment’s Brian Grazer.
“Empire,” written by Strong and directed by Daniels, is described as a unique family drama set in the world of a hip-hop empire. 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine TV are producing, with Strong, Daniels, Grazer and Francie Calfo executive producing, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
For Daniels’ the project marks his TV debut. Strong started his writing career in TV with the HBO telefilms “Recount” and “Game Change.”
At Fox, Imagine has upcoming drama series “Gang Related and event series “24: Live Another Day.”
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here