*“12 Years a Slave” actress Lupita Nyong’o takes her place among the five actors nominated for BAFTA’s EE Rising Star Award.
The honor recognizes actors and actresses who have “demonstrated exceptional talent” and are “destined to be bright stars in the future of cinema,” the British Academy says. Joining Nyong’o in the this year’s crop of five are Dane DeHaan, George MacKay, Will Poulter and Léa Seydoux.
Nyong’o is also up for a Golden Globe and an Indie Spirit as well as having taken numerous critics’ prizes for her supporting turn in “12 Years a Slave.”
DeHaan was recently seen in “Kill Your Darlings” and will play Harry Osborn in “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” this summer.
MacKay has been working since he was 10 and in 2013 starred in “Sunshine On Leith,” “For Those In Peril” and Kevin Macdonald’s “How I Live Now.” Poulter was in last summer’s “We’re The Millers” and will be seen in this year’s “The Maze Runner.” French actress Seydoux is one of the stars of Palme d’Or winner “Blue Is The Warmest Color” and has also appeared in such international films as “Midnight In Paris,” “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol” and “Farewell, My Queen.” She’s next up in Wes Anderson’s “The Grand Budapest Hotel” which opens Berlin in February.
The winner of the Rising Star prize will be selected by a public vote (www.ee.co.uk/bafta) and announced at the BAFTA film awards ceremony on February 16th.
Nominations for the BAFTA Film Awards will be announced on Wednesday.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye Claims He's Discriminated Against Because He's Not Gay
- The Game Stops by SKEE TV; Discusses #Documentary2 & Disses Young Thug (WATCH)
- Ben Carson Remembers Being Held at Gunpoint While in Popeye’s
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here