Media sources report that Macklemore himself texted Lamar after Sunday’s Grammy Awards telecast to send his regrets for the Compton lyricist not getting the props he deserved for his album.
“He deserved best rap album,” Macklemore stated in a caption accompanying the text, which he posted on Instagram. “I’m honored and completely blown away to win anything much less 4 Grammys. But in that category, he should have won IMO. And that’s taking nothing away from The Heist. Just giving GKMC it’s proper respect.”
This year’s Grammys proved to be a great moment for Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. In addition to Best Rap Album for “The Heist,” the duo collected three other Grammys for Best New Artist, Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song for their hit single, ‘Thrift Shop.’
Although Lamar did not receive any Grammys, he provided one of the most talked about moments from the annual event with a killer performance alongside Imagine Dragons of the remix to the group’s popular song, “Radioactive.”
Despite it’s good intent, the wording of Macklemore’s text to Lamar — especially, “It’s weird and sucks that I robbed you” — raised a few eyebrows as some wondered if that particular part of the text was a backhanded compliment from the Seattle rhymesayer.
All questions were ultimately put to rest by Macklemore, who posted an exchange between him and Lamar before the Grammys, which illustrated a mutual respect between them.
Macklemore’s pre-Grammy exchange with Lamar can be seen here:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Cute as Heck: 10-Year Old Gets to 'Play Bass' With Paul McCartney (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here