*Even though she’s known and revered for being outspoken, you would think Madonna of all people would know better.
The pop superstar is apologizing today after she stuck her foot in her mouth and called her son Rocco Ritchie – who is white – the N-word via Instagram (scroll down to see it).
“No one messes with Dirty Soap!” she captioned a photo of her 13-year-old son during a boxing workout Friday. “Mama said knock you out! #disnigga”
Huh? What? Why. Well now, Madonna, 55 is apologizing for her choice of words.
“I am sorry if I offended anyone with my use of the N-word on Instagram,” she said in a statement Saturday to E! News. “It was not meant as a racial slur … I am not a racist.”
She added: “There’s no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention … it was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white. I appreciate that it’s a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me.”
According to Buzzfeed, the “Justify My Love” singer immediately deleted the post when it began causing an uproar, but her revised caption didn’t work out too well, either.
“Ok let me start this again,” she wrote alongside the same image of Rocco. “#get off my d–k haters!”
While some dismissed her comment as ignorance, others felt she should apologize for her use of the N-word, period.
“I don’t have people policing me because I am not a celebrity with millions of fans all over the world,” @kinkaloe wrote on Instagram. “This is f–king Madge, she is a legend, people are watching her and WILL comment if she says something ignorant.”
You can read MORE about this story at NY Daily News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here