*For those with or without plans for Valentine’s Day 2014, don’t worry. Maxwell has you.
Media reports say the singer will finally release his long-awaited follow up to his “BLACKsummers’night” album, “blackSUMMERS’night,” on February 14. Maxwell recently confirmed the news on his Instagram account with the following message:
“the one piece missing was you” #summerspreview#valentinesummersnight #febfourteenth #savethedate#columbiarecords
“blackSUMMERS’night” is the second part of Maxwell’s planned “BLACKsummer’snight trilogy. Released in 2009, ““BLACKsummer’snight” featured the hits Pretty Wings, “Bad Habits” and “Fistful of Tears.” Although he’s aware of the anticipation for his next CD, Maxwell explained the delay in releasing “blackSUMMERS’night” in an interview with Billboard this past summer.
According to the singer, it was a case of wanting to fully experience the joy of living life.
“I don’t know, I just have so much fun living. It’s like, I just turned 40 and I look at so many performers and so many people who are actually always on time and always have an album out. They don’t have actual lives, in my opinion,” Maxwell shared with Billboard. “I feel like I’m so much more than being famous and meeting a musical quota. And I don’t know, just the weight of the scrutiny and attention is too weird for me. So many times people want you to stay the way you were, be as you were before because they want to encapsulate you in a time so they can remember their youth. But you’re here to continually push forward and move forward. That’s where I’m at — I just want to always surprise people.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here