*“Blood, Sweat and Heels” star Melyssa Ford is tired of defending her former profession in the shadow of Karrine Steffans, whose books suggested that most video models have sex with the artists.
“This book came out and it defined an entire group,” Ford told the DJs of Power 95.1’s “The Breakfast Club.” According to one of the first well-known video models—a term she prefers to “vixen”—her own story is “very, very, very different” from Karrine who has admittedly been involved with several rappers.
Melyssa said she was surprised when Karrine’s best-selling book, Confessions of a Video Vixen, came out because she didn’t know Karrine and the two still haven’t met.
“I’m sure that personally, she’s a lovely girl. I don’t know her personally, but here’s the truth of the matter: When I was on video sets, no one knew who this girl was. I thought she was an urban myth,” she said. “I didn’t think she really existed because I didn’t know anybody who’d ever seen her before. Her name just like floated around like this big mystery.”
Melyssa has since retired from the video model game where she was sometimes earning $5,000 a day. Now, she has a career in real estate and is co-starring on the new Bravo series.
It’s not the first time Melyssa has had the chance to star in a reality show, but she was waiting on just the right one to come along.
“I just always felt like the right opportunity had not come across my path. I always felt like if I was going to do a reality show, it was going to be a show…. just like this one, a show about single, successful women whose career is not based on having been funded by some man for a hobby… We’re self starters,” she said.
Though she said she and her co-stars keep it classy for the most part, Melyssa said there will be a few tense moments this season, and she plays the peacemaker.
“There [are] some scenes that I will be watching alongside with you with my jaw in my lap,” she said. “I’m kinda like the mediator. When friction happens between cast members, I try to mend fences. That’s kind of how I am in my real life. I try to create harmonious situations.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stevie Wonder to Pay Royalties to Dead Attorney's Widow Forever?!
- Sheree Whitfield Lands Reality Series About ATL Real Estate
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here