*“Blood, Sweat and Heels” star Melyssa Ford is tired of defending her former profession in the shadow of Karrine Steffans, whose books suggested that most video models have sex with the artists.
“This book came out and it defined an entire group,” Ford told the DJs of Power 95.1’s “The Breakfast Club.” According to one of the first well-known video models—a term she prefers to “vixen”—her own story is “very, very, very different” from Karrine who has admittedly been involved with several rappers.
Melyssa said she was surprised when Karrine’s best-selling book, Confessions of a Video Vixen, came out because she didn’t know Karrine and the two still haven’t met.
“I’m sure that personally, she’s a lovely girl. I don’t know her personally, but here’s the truth of the matter: When I was on video sets, no one knew who this girl was. I thought she was an urban myth,” she said. “I didn’t think she really existed because I didn’t know anybody who’d ever seen her before. Her name just like floated around like this big mystery.”
Melyssa has since retired from the video model game where she was sometimes earning $5,000 a day. Now, she has a career in real estate and is co-starring on the new Bravo series.
It’s not the first time Melyssa has had the chance to star in a reality show, but she was waiting on just the right one to come along.
“I just always felt like the right opportunity had not come across my path. I always felt like if I was going to do a reality show, it was going to be a show…. just like this one, a show about single, successful women whose career is not based on having been funded by some man for a hobby… We’re self starters,” she said.
Though she said she and her co-stars keep it classy for the most part, Melyssa said there will be a few tense moments this season, and she plays the peacemaker.
“There [are] some scenes that I will be watching alongside with you with my jaw in my lap,” she said. “I’m kinda like the mediator. When friction happens between cast members, I try to mend fences. That’s kind of how I am in my real life. I try to create harmonious situations.”
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here