*Michael Vick said Tuesday he expects to be starting at quarterback somewhere in the NFL next season but is willing to return to the Philadelphia Eagles to back up Nick Foles if “all else fails,” reports ESPN.com.
Vick, who turns 34 in June, began this season as the Eagles’ starter but injured his hamstring against the New York Giants on Oct. 6 and eventually lost the spot to Foles.
He hasn’t played a full season because of injuries since joining the Eagles in 2009, but he said he’s not worried that will hurt his chances to find a starting job in 2014, saying he knows “at some point I’ll be back out there.”
“I don’t worry about it,” Vick said, according to CSNPhilly.com. “My skill set is still there, my arm is still there, my legs are still there, I’m still a playmaker, that’s evident. I think at some point I’ll be playing somewhere.”
Vick passed for 1,215 yards with five touchdowns and three interceptions in seven games this season. He completed just 54.6 percent of his passes and fumbled three times. He also rushed for 306 yards and two touchdowns with one lost fumble.
If Vick can’t find a starting job next season, he said he’d be willing to return to the Eagles as a backup. However, with the Eagles still playing this season, he’s still focused on helping the team in the playoffs.
“It all depends what happens, where I’m at in my career. Never rule it out,” he said of returning to Philadelphia, according to CSNPhilly.com. “But I’m not thinking of that right now. I’m not thinking about the future. I’m just thinking about doing whatever I can to help this team win a Super Bowl.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here