*Michael Vick said Tuesday he expects to be starting at quarterback somewhere in the NFL next season but is willing to return to the Philadelphia Eagles to back up Nick Foles if “all else fails,” reports ESPN.com.
Vick, who turns 34 in June, began this season as the Eagles’ starter but injured his hamstring against the New York Giants on Oct. 6 and eventually lost the spot to Foles.
He hasn’t played a full season because of injuries since joining the Eagles in 2009, but he said he’s not worried that will hurt his chances to find a starting job in 2014, saying he knows “at some point I’ll be back out there.”
“I don’t worry about it,” Vick said, according to CSNPhilly.com. “My skill set is still there, my arm is still there, my legs are still there, I’m still a playmaker, that’s evident. I think at some point I’ll be playing somewhere.”
Vick passed for 1,215 yards with five touchdowns and three interceptions in seven games this season. He completed just 54.6 percent of his passes and fumbled three times. He also rushed for 306 yards and two touchdowns with one lost fumble.
If Vick can’t find a starting job next season, he said he’d be willing to return to the Eagles as a backup. However, with the Eagles still playing this season, he’s still focused on helping the team in the playoffs.
“It all depends what happens, where I’m at in my career. Never rule it out,” he said of returning to Philadelphia, according to CSNPhilly.com. “But I’m not thinking of that right now. I’m not thinking about the future. I’m just thinking about doing whatever I can to help this team win a Super Bowl.”
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Walks Over; Venus Grinds to Victory; Sloane Stephens Dismissed Early
- New James Bond Author Says Idris Elba is ‘Too Street’ to Play 007
- Bill O’Reilly Vows to Put #BlackLivesMatter Out of Business, Compares Group to KKK (Watch)
- Obama Phoned Widow of Texas Police Officer Shot in Cold Blood
- EXCLUSIVE: 4 Years After Suspended Life Sentences, Scott Sisters Seek Pardon
- Joe Brown Released From Jail After 5-Day Sentence
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here