*Michael Vick said Tuesday he expects to be starting at quarterback somewhere in the NFL next season but is willing to return to the Philadelphia Eagles to back up Nick Foles if “all else fails,” reports ESPN.com.
Vick, who turns 34 in June, began this season as the Eagles’ starter but injured his hamstring against the New York Giants on Oct. 6 and eventually lost the spot to Foles.
He hasn’t played a full season because of injuries since joining the Eagles in 2009, but he said he’s not worried that will hurt his chances to find a starting job in 2014, saying he knows “at some point I’ll be back out there.”
“I don’t worry about it,” Vick said, according to CSNPhilly.com. “My skill set is still there, my arm is still there, my legs are still there, I’m still a playmaker, that’s evident. I think at some point I’ll be playing somewhere.”
Vick passed for 1,215 yards with five touchdowns and three interceptions in seven games this season. He completed just 54.6 percent of his passes and fumbled three times. He also rushed for 306 yards and two touchdowns with one lost fumble.
If Vick can’t find a starting job next season, he said he’d be willing to return to the Eagles as a backup. However, with the Eagles still playing this season, he’s still focused on helping the team in the playoffs.
“It all depends what happens, where I’m at in my career. Never rule it out,” he said of returning to Philadelphia, according to CSNPhilly.com. “But I’m not thinking of that right now. I’m not thinking about the future. I’m just thinking about doing whatever I can to help this team win a Super Bowl.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s Fam Requests Revolution Start Reunion Tour AFTER August Memorial Event
- Judge Favors Chris Brown in Baby Mama’s Attempt to Restrict Custody
- Derek Fisher, Ex-Wife Agree to Destroy Their Frozen Embryos in Divorce Settlement
- Starz Programming Shift Moves ‘Power’, 'Survivor's Remorse' to Sunday Nights
- Tyler Perry on Singing ‘Play That Funky Music’ With Prince (Watch)
- Jay Z Responds to ‘Lemonade’, Shouts Out Prince On ‘All The Way Up’ Remix
- Dog Hours Away from Euthanasia, Saved By Student Vet's Discovery
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here