*Just days before the post-Super Bowl episode of “New Girl” featuring Prince makes its debut, Fox gave us an all-access pass to exclusive audio clips from Sunday’s show.
But first things first. How in the world did Prince end up on “New Girl”?
“Well it’s been kind of a long time coming because Prince had been in touch and he said he liked the show,” said star Zooey Deschanel.
Prince’s manager first contacted her via email.
“I said you should talk to Liz (Meriwether) who’s our show creator because she could be able to pitch what Prince might do,” Deschanel recalled. “And so it was a lot of planning and a lot of work leading up to it, but it was really fun. And Prince was such a nice guy, and so professional and really, really fun to work with.”
Earlier this month, co-star Hannah Simone told us about the “surreal” experience of having Prince on set.
“He was wonderful, and humble…and funny,” she said. “I’d heard that he had a really good sense of humor, and he does. Because they wrote a lot of weird stuff for him to do and he was totally down.”
As previously reported, the episode finds Jess (Deschanel) and Cece (Simone) being hit by a car, whose driver is connected to Prince and invites them to his private party as an apology. While seeing Jess off, her boyfriend Nick (Jake Johnson) tells her “I love you” for the first time, which fills her with anxiety for the rest of the night – until Prince comes to the rescue with some advice.
Listen to four audio clips from the episode below. They begin after Nick and the boys crash Prince’s party so that he can discuss his “I love you” declaration with Jess. Prince interrupts the couple. The fourth clip is a snippet of Jess and Prince singing a duet at the party.
The Prince episode of “New Girl,” titled “Party Time,” will air approximately 10:30 – 11 p.m. ET / 7:30 – 8 p.m. PT – immediately following FOX’s coverage of Super Bowl XLVIII on Sunday, Feb. 2.
Watch the promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here