*There’s good news and bad news for Tina Turner fans.
The 74-year-old diva is releasing a new compilation album titled “Love Songs.” Due Feb. 4 on Parlophone Records – just in time for Valentine’s Day – the 18-track collection boasts familiar favorites like “What’s Love Got To Do With It,” “The Best,” “Private Dancer” and “I Don’t Wanna Fight.”
The bad news? There are no new songs or previously unreleased tunes on the album.
Also, it’s unlikely Turner will make any promotional appearances in support of the album, as she is “happily retired” from the music business — according to her spokesperson.
Turner’s last studio album, “Twenty Four Seven,” reached No. 21 on the Billboard 200 chart upon its release in 1999, and has sold 517,000 in the U.S. according to Nielsen SoundScan. She has since issued two greatest hits albums (“All the Best” in 2005 and “Tina!” in 2008) and a live set in 2009 (“Tina Live”) based on her 2008-2009 tour.
The Rock And Roll Hall of Fame inductee — and eight-time Grammy Award winner — has charted 17 solo hit singles on the Billboard Hot 100. Her first solo hit, a cover of “Let’s Stay Together,” debuted on the chart 30 years ago this year (on Jan. 21, 1984). Before that, as part of the duo Ike & Tina Turner, she notched 20 hits from 1960 through 1975.
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here