*There’s good news and bad news for Tina Turner fans.
The 74-year-old diva is releasing a new compilation album titled “Love Songs.” Due Feb. 4 on Parlophone Records – just in time for Valentine’s Day – the 18-track collection boasts familiar favorites like “What’s Love Got To Do With It,” “The Best,” “Private Dancer” and “I Don’t Wanna Fight.”
The bad news? There are no new songs or previously unreleased tunes on the album.
Also, it’s unlikely Turner will make any promotional appearances in support of the album, as she is “happily retired” from the music business — according to her spokesperson.
Turner’s last studio album, “Twenty Four Seven,” reached No. 21 on the Billboard 200 chart upon its release in 1999, and has sold 517,000 in the U.S. according to Nielsen SoundScan. She has since issued two greatest hits albums (“All the Best” in 2005 and “Tina!” in 2008) and a live set in 2009 (“Tina Live”) based on her 2008-2009 tour.
The Rock And Roll Hall of Fame inductee — and eight-time Grammy Award winner — has charted 17 solo hit singles on the Billboard Hot 100. Her first solo hit, a cover of “Let’s Stay Together,” debuted on the chart 30 years ago this year (on Jan. 21, 1984). Before that, as part of the duo Ike & Tina Turner, she notched 20 hits from 1960 through 1975.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Venus Williams Wins First Round Match at Wimbledon (Pics, Video)
- Keyshia Cole Sued for Trashing Apt.; Landlord wants $150k Plus (Pics)
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- D’Angelo a No-Show for Scheduled Prince Tribute at BET Awards
- #BlackTwitter to Justin Timberlake After Praising Jesse Williams: ‘He’s Talking About You, Tho’
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here