Simpson’s lawyer Osvaldo E. Fomo confirmed the falsity in an email to the Washington Post as he assured the news publication that “that Mr. Simpson, health-wise, is absolutely just fine.”
“He’s looking forward to his appeal,” he added. “If he was suffering from anything the procedure would be to ask the governor of Nevada for release not the president.”
All of the hoopla over OJ’s well-being and presidential request came late last week amid a series of online posts about the former NFL great, the Post reports. The story apparently gained enough traction for outlets like The Washington Times, the Huffington Post, the UK’s Daily Telegraph and the Examiner to quote an anonymously reported National Enquirer story that claimed Simpson begged the president, “Please, don’t let me die in prison.”
Simpson, known as inmate No. 1027820 of Lovelock Correctional Facility in Nevada, is currently serving 33 years for robbery. His bid for a new trial was denied last November.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here