Simpson’s lawyer Osvaldo E. Fomo confirmed the falsity in an email to the Washington Post as he assured the news publication that “that Mr. Simpson, health-wise, is absolutely just fine.”
“He’s looking forward to his appeal,” he added. “If he was suffering from anything the procedure would be to ask the governor of Nevada for release not the president.”
All of the hoopla over OJ’s well-being and presidential request came late last week amid a series of online posts about the former NFL great, the Post reports. The story apparently gained enough traction for outlets like The Washington Times, the Huffington Post, the UK’s Daily Telegraph and the Examiner to quote an anonymously reported National Enquirer story that claimed Simpson begged the president, “Please, don’t let me die in prison.”
Simpson, known as inmate No. 1027820 of Lovelock Correctional Facility in Nevada, is currently serving 33 years for robbery. His bid for a new trial was denied last November.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here