Simpson’s lawyer Osvaldo E. Fomo confirmed the falsity in an email to the Washington Post as he assured the news publication that “that Mr. Simpson, health-wise, is absolutely just fine.”
“He’s looking forward to his appeal,” he added. “If he was suffering from anything the procedure would be to ask the governor of Nevada for release not the president.”
All of the hoopla over OJ’s well-being and presidential request came late last week amid a series of online posts about the former NFL great, the Post reports. The story apparently gained enough traction for outlets like The Washington Times, the Huffington Post, the UK’s Daily Telegraph and the Examiner to quote an anonymously reported National Enquirer story that claimed Simpson begged the president, “Please, don’t let me die in prison.”
Simpson, known as inmate No. 1027820 of Lovelock Correctional Facility in Nevada, is currently serving 33 years for robbery. His bid for a new trial was denied last November.
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here