*“Orange Is the New Black” star Michelle Hurst was kept in a medically-induced coma for more than two weeks after being involved in a car accident over the holidays, and is now recovering, according to some of her castmates.
A fundraising page launched via www.youcaring.com notes that Hurst (who plays inmate Miss Claudette on the Netflix show) is in the intensive care unit at UNC Chapel Hill Hospital in North Carolina.
“Michelle Hurst was in a bad car accident just before the holidays,” the post reads. “She had major injuries so the doctors put her in a medically induced coma to avoid movement while they did multiple surgeries near her spine. She is out of the coma (after 16 days) and has opened her eyes!”
All donations made through the website will go to Hurst’s sister to cover her medical expenses and time off work, according to Hurst’s page.
Many of Hurst’s “New Black” co-stars have been sharing the link to her YouCaring page on social media.
“Michelle Hurst, aka “Miss Claudette”, was injured in a very bad car accident. More info @ fundraising page,” wrote Piper Kerman, who authored the memoir upon which the series is based. Added Natasha Lyonne: “Please give what you can to help Michelle Hurst – the amazing actress who plays Ms. Claudette on OITNB,” along with a link to the page.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here