*Pam Grier was on hand during TV One’s panel at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena Thursday to discuss the network’s “Unsung” spinoff “Unsung Hollywood.”
The show premieres Feb. 26 with future episodes to spotlight Dick Gregory, Flip Wilson, Robin Harris, the Harlem Globetrotters, Bill Duke, “What’s Happening!!” and “Cooley High.” (View schedule below.)
Grier, who rejects the “icon” label, says she was humbled to learn about TV One’s interest in including her in the series.
“People have come to me, documentarian groups, and I turned them all down because I just didn’t like how they were going to present my life,” said the 64-year-old actress, whose blaxploitation films in the 70s catapulted her career.
Grier continues below.
TV One’s “Unsung Hollywood” schedule:
New episodes of the original “Unsung” begin this month. View the artists and schedule below:
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 29, 10PM/ET – Too $hort
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 10PM/ET – The Manhattans
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 10 PM/ET – Gil Scott Heron
WEDNESDAY, FEB 19, 10PM/ET – Nile Rodgers and Chic
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here