*Pam Grier was on hand during TV One’s panel at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena Thursday to discuss the network’s “Unsung” spinoff “Unsung Hollywood.”
The show premieres Feb. 26 with future episodes to spotlight Dick Gregory, Flip Wilson, Robin Harris, the Harlem Globetrotters, Bill Duke, “What’s Happening!!” and “Cooley High.” (View schedule below.)
Grier, who rejects the “icon” label, says she was humbled to learn about TV One’s interest in including her in the series.
“People have come to me, documentarian groups, and I turned them all down because I just didn’t like how they were going to present my life,” said the 64-year-old actress, whose blaxploitation films in the 70s catapulted her career.
Grier continues below.
TV One’s “Unsung Hollywood” schedule:
New episodes of the original “Unsung” begin this month. View the artists and schedule below:
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 29, 10PM/ET – Too $hort
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 10PM/ET – The Manhattans
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 10 PM/ET – Gil Scott Heron
WEDNESDAY, FEB 19, 10PM/ET – Nile Rodgers and Chic
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Daniel Craig In Talks to Join Halle Berry in LA Riots Drama ‘Kings’
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here