*Pam Grier was on hand during TV One’s panel at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena Thursday to discuss the network’s “Unsung” spinoff “Unsung Hollywood.”
The show premieres Feb. 26 with future episodes to spotlight Dick Gregory, Flip Wilson, Robin Harris, the Harlem Globetrotters, Bill Duke, “What’s Happening!!” and “Cooley High.” (View schedule below.)
Grier, who rejects the “icon” label, says she was humbled to learn about TV One’s interest in including her in the series.
“People have come to me, documentarian groups, and I turned them all down because I just didn’t like how they were going to present my life,” said the 64-year-old actress, whose blaxploitation films in the 70s catapulted her career.
Grier continues below.
TV One’s “Unsung Hollywood” schedule:
New episodes of the original “Unsung” begin this month. View the artists and schedule below:
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 29, 10PM/ET – Too $hort
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 10PM/ET – The Manhattans
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 10 PM/ET – Gil Scott Heron
WEDNESDAY, FEB 19, 10PM/ET – Nile Rodgers and Chic
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here