*Pam Grier was on hand during TV One’s panel at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena Thursday to discuss the network’s “Unsung” spinoff “Unsung Hollywood.”
The show premieres Feb. 26 with future episodes to spotlight Dick Gregory, Flip Wilson, Robin Harris, the Harlem Globetrotters, Bill Duke, “What’s Happening!!” and “Cooley High.” (View schedule below.)
Grier, who rejects the “icon” label, says she was humbled to learn about TV One’s interest in including her in the series.
“People have come to me, documentarian groups, and I turned them all down because I just didn’t like how they were going to present my life,” said the 64-year-old actress, whose blaxploitation films in the 70s catapulted her career.
Grier continues below.
TV One’s “Unsung Hollywood” schedule:
New episodes of the original “Unsung” begin this month. View the artists and schedule below:
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 29, 10PM/ET – Too $hort
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 10PM/ET – The Manhattans
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 10 PM/ET – Gil Scott Heron
WEDNESDAY, FEB 19, 10PM/ET – Nile Rodgers and Chic
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here