*Pam Grier was on hand during TV One’s panel at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena Thursday to discuss the network’s “Unsung” spinoff “Unsung Hollywood.”
The show premieres Feb. 26 with future episodes to spotlight Dick Gregory, Flip Wilson, Robin Harris, the Harlem Globetrotters, Bill Duke, “What’s Happening!!” and “Cooley High.” (View schedule below.)
Grier, who rejects the “icon” label, says she was humbled to learn about TV One’s interest in including her in the series.
“People have come to me, documentarian groups, and I turned them all down because I just didn’t like how they were going to present my life,” said the 64-year-old actress, whose blaxploitation films in the 70s catapulted her career.
Grier continues below.
TV One’s “Unsung Hollywood” schedule:
New episodes of the original “Unsung” begin this month. View the artists and schedule below:
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 29, 10PM/ET – Too $hort
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 10PM/ET – The Manhattans
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 10 PM/ET – Gil Scott Heron
WEDNESDAY, FEB 19, 10PM/ET – Nile Rodgers and Chic
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable Awards Mumia Abu Jamal Health Fund
- THE (09-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- (The Black Hat) Nicki Minaj: The White Girl Hunter
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here