*Producer Will Packer is Hollywood’s bonafide hit maker.
His megahit, “Ride Along” (Universal) starring Ice Cube and Kevin Hart, debuted number one at the box office with record-breaking receipts totaling over $47 million during the Martin Luther King Day holiday weekend opening of the film, making it the biggest January opening box office tally of all time.
With five of his films opening number one at the box office and all his films collectively grossing over $400 million worldwide, he continues to take the industry by storm.
Next up for Packer is the romantic comedy “About Last Night” starring Hart, Michael Ealy, Regina Hall and Joy Bryant that hits theaters February 14, Valentine’s Day weekend.
“No Good Deed starring Idris Elba and Taraji P. Henson and the highly anticipated “Think Like A Man Too” are both slated for release in 2014 and “Wedding Ringers” starring Hart and Josh Gad will debut in 2015. He is also an executive producer of “Straight Outta Compton,” a biopic on the iconic rap group NWA that launched the careers of hip hop legends Ice Cube and Dr. Dre.
“Ride Along” is expected to top Packer’s biggest release to date, “Think Like A Man,” the film adaptation of Steve Harvey’s best-selling book, “Act Like A Lady, Think Like a Man”, that opened number one at the box office, grossed over $92 million worldwide and won the 2013 BET Award for Best Movie. Packer’s other number one films include Stomp The Yard (2007), Obsessed (2009) and Takers (2010).
In 2013, Packer signed a three-year first-look production agreement with Universal Pictures and a two-year overall deal with Universal Television. Under both deals he will develop new projects for the studios under his Will Packer Productions banner. He is one of the only non-writing African-American producers with an overall deal at a major studio. Packer is also a co-owner of BOUNCE TV, the first ever over-the-air broadcast television network targeting the African-American audience.
In 2012, Packer was inducted as a member of The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, the organization known around the world for its annual Academy Awards, now officially known as The Oscars.
As Producer and Founder of the Atlanta and Los Angeles based production company, Will Packer Productions, Packer oversees all aspects of the business.
Staci R. Collins Jackson
The Collins Jackson Agency
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here