*Rashida Jones already has her post-“Parks & Recreation” TV gig lined up.
The actress has signed on to play the lead in TBS‘ single-camera comedy “Tribeca,” co-created and directed by Steve Carell.
Co-written by Carell and his wife, actress Nancy Carell, “Tribeca” is a satirical look at a police procedural anchored by Angie Tribeca (Jones), an outspoken 10-year veteran of the LAPD’s elite RHCU (Really Heinous Crimes Unit). The project explores an eccentric but brilliant group of people who investigate crime, reveal way too much personal information, and refuse to rest until justice has been served…sort of. A lone wolf, Angie is not thrilled when told she has to work with a partner.
The Carells are executive producing the pilot through their Carousel TV, with production tentatively scheduled for February/March, reports Deadline.com.
Jones had been in high demand since word leaked in that summer that she would be leaving “Parks & Recreation.” The actress, had been very busy as a producer via her shingle with Will McCormack Le Train Train.
In its first year under a deal at Warner Bros TV, the company has sold six projects and recently landed its first pilot order for comedy “A to Z” at NBC. Picking a starring vehicle outside of her deal was somewhat surprising but Carell actively pursued her, and she sparked to the premise of the show, according to Deadline.
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here