*Rashida Jones already has her post-“Parks & Recreation” TV gig lined up.
The actress has signed on to play the lead in TBS‘ single-camera comedy “Tribeca,” co-created and directed by Steve Carell.
Co-written by Carell and his wife, actress Nancy Carell, “Tribeca” is a satirical look at a police procedural anchored by Angie Tribeca (Jones), an outspoken 10-year veteran of the LAPD’s elite RHCU (Really Heinous Crimes Unit). The project explores an eccentric but brilliant group of people who investigate crime, reveal way too much personal information, and refuse to rest until justice has been served…sort of. A lone wolf, Angie is not thrilled when told she has to work with a partner.
The Carells are executive producing the pilot through their Carousel TV, with production tentatively scheduled for February/March, reports Deadline.com.
Jones had been in high demand since word leaked in that summer that she would be leaving “Parks & Recreation.” The actress, had been very busy as a producer via her shingle with Will McCormack Le Train Train.
In its first year under a deal at Warner Bros TV, the company has sold six projects and recently landed its first pilot order for comedy “A to Z” at NBC. Picking a starring vehicle outside of her deal was somewhat surprising but Carell actively pursued her, and she sparked to the premise of the show, according to Deadline.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Janet Jackson, Husband Spotted at Paris Fashion Week
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here