*Rashida Jones already has her post-“Parks & Recreation” TV gig lined up.
The actress has signed on to play the lead in TBS‘ single-camera comedy “Tribeca,” co-created and directed by Steve Carell.
Co-written by Carell and his wife, actress Nancy Carell, “Tribeca” is a satirical look at a police procedural anchored by Angie Tribeca (Jones), an outspoken 10-year veteran of the LAPD’s elite RHCU (Really Heinous Crimes Unit). The project explores an eccentric but brilliant group of people who investigate crime, reveal way too much personal information, and refuse to rest until justice has been served…sort of. A lone wolf, Angie is not thrilled when told she has to work with a partner.
The Carells are executive producing the pilot through their Carousel TV, with production tentatively scheduled for February/March, reports Deadline.com.
Jones had been in high demand since word leaked in that summer that she would be leaving “Parks & Recreation.” The actress, had been very busy as a producer via her shingle with Will McCormack Le Train Train.
In its first year under a deal at Warner Bros TV, the company has sold six projects and recently landed its first pilot order for comedy “A to Z” at NBC. Picking a starring vehicle outside of her deal was somewhat surprising but Carell actively pursued her, and she sparked to the premise of the show, according to Deadline.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here