It is a rare chance that you run across someone nowadays who does not have children from a previous relationship. People with children should not automatically be taken off of the dating market.
I strongly believe that parents trying to find a mate to build a strong, stable household is healthy for the child. However, the situation is a delicate one that everyone is definitely not able to conquer.
Here are 3 things to consider while dating when a child from a previous relationship is involved:
1. The co-parenting relationship between the mother and father of the child involved: Without a solid, mature partnership between mom and dad, you will not have a stable child who is prepared to welcome another mother- or father-figure into their lives. If the biological parents still have feelings for each other that cause them to handle situations involving the children immaturely, you have a serious problem on your hands. The child is only focused on the fact that “mommy and daddy” are dysfunctional. You then become someone who looks like a distraction. Some kids may form the opinion that you are the reason for the chaos, and in the case involving two immature adults that haven’t moved on, you probably are the culprit of someone’s jealous feelings and actions.
Get the remainder of this article at iDateDaily.
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here