It is a rare chance that you run across someone nowadays who does not have children from a previous relationship. People with children should not automatically be taken off of the dating market.
I strongly believe that parents trying to find a mate to build a strong, stable household is healthy for the child. However, the situation is a delicate one that everyone is definitely not able to conquer.
Here are 3 things to consider while dating when a child from a previous relationship is involved:
1. The co-parenting relationship between the mother and father of the child involved: Without a solid, mature partnership between mom and dad, you will not have a stable child who is prepared to welcome another mother- or father-figure into their lives. If the biological parents still have feelings for each other that cause them to handle situations involving the children immaturely, you have a serious problem on your hands. The child is only focused on the fact that “mommy and daddy” are dysfunctional. You then become someone who looks like a distraction. Some kids may form the opinion that you are the reason for the chaos, and in the case involving two immature adults that haven’t moved on, you probably are the culprit of someone’s jealous feelings and actions.
Get the remainder of this article at iDateDaily.
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here