*After winning one copyright-related lawsuit, rapper Rick Ross has just filed one of his own.
Rozay is going after the duo LMFAO over their monster 2010 hit “Party Rock Anthem,” which uses the hook “everyday I’m shufflin'” – a play on Rick Ross’ 2006 single ‘Hustlin” and it’s central line “everyday I’m hustlin'”.
Raising a court case against the pop crew, a legal suit filed by Rick Ross reads: “‘Everyday I’m shufflin’…’ in ‘Party Rock Anthem’ is performed in a manner to sound like ‘Everyday I’m hustlin’…’ in ‘Hustlin”, is a prominent hook of ‘Party Rock Anthem’ and is an obvious attempt to capitalize on the fame and success of “Hustlin'”.
Last year the rapper won a court case against drug lord “Freeway” Ricky Ross, arguing the First Amendment for his use of the name, Rick Ross.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here