*After winning one copyright-related lawsuit, rapper Rick Ross has just filed one of his own.
Rozay is going after the duo LMFAO over their monster 2010 hit “Party Rock Anthem,” which uses the hook “everyday I’m shufflin'” – a play on Rick Ross’ 2006 single ‘Hustlin” and it’s central line “everyday I’m hustlin'”.
Raising a court case against the pop crew, a legal suit filed by Rick Ross reads: “‘Everyday I’m shufflin’…’ in ‘Party Rock Anthem’ is performed in a manner to sound like ‘Everyday I’m hustlin’…’ in ‘Hustlin”, is a prominent hook of ‘Party Rock Anthem’ and is an obvious attempt to capitalize on the fame and success of “Hustlin'”.
Last year the rapper won a court case against drug lord “Freeway” Ricky Ross, arguing the First Amendment for his use of the name, Rick Ross.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here