*After winning one copyright-related lawsuit, rapper Rick Ross has just filed one of his own.
Rozay is going after the duo LMFAO over their monster 2010 hit “Party Rock Anthem,” which uses the hook “everyday I’m shufflin'” – a play on Rick Ross’ 2006 single ‘Hustlin” and it’s central line “everyday I’m hustlin'”.
Raising a court case against the pop crew, a legal suit filed by Rick Ross reads: “‘Everyday I’m shufflin’…’ in ‘Party Rock Anthem’ is performed in a manner to sound like ‘Everyday I’m hustlin’…’ in ‘Hustlin”, is a prominent hook of ‘Party Rock Anthem’ and is an obvious attempt to capitalize on the fame and success of “Hustlin'”.
Last year the rapper won a court case against drug lord “Freeway” Ricky Ross, arguing the First Amendment for his use of the name, Rick Ross.
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here