*After winning one copyright-related lawsuit, rapper Rick Ross has just filed one of his own.
Rozay is going after the duo LMFAO over their monster 2010 hit “Party Rock Anthem,” which uses the hook “everyday I’m shufflin'” – a play on Rick Ross’ 2006 single ‘Hustlin” and it’s central line “everyday I’m hustlin'”.
Raising a court case against the pop crew, a legal suit filed by Rick Ross reads: “‘Everyday I’m shufflin’…’ in ‘Party Rock Anthem’ is performed in a manner to sound like ‘Everyday I’m hustlin’…’ in ‘Hustlin”, is a prominent hook of ‘Party Rock Anthem’ and is an obvious attempt to capitalize on the fame and success of “Hustlin'”.
Last year the rapper won a court case against drug lord “Freeway” Ricky Ross, arguing the First Amendment for his use of the name, Rick Ross.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here