*The anticipation for the new season of OWN’s “The Have and the Have Nots“has resulted in impressive ratings.
According to reports, the Tyler Perry drama achieved a series high with 2.8 million total viewers. Total viewership for the season premiere resulted in a 57 percent leap over last May’s Season 1 premiere.
With women age 25-54 demographic, “The Haves and Have Nots’” premiere set a series high with 1.1 million viewers, a 59 percent jump over the show’s season 1 premiere.
Overall, “The Haves and the Have Not’s” season two premiere was the second-highest-rated show in the history of OWN and the network’s third-most-watched show. The OWN shows that attracted the most viewers are the Bobbi Christina Houston interview and the “Oprah’s Next Chapter” episode featuring disgraced bicyclist Lance Armstrong.
Not be outdone is VH1’s “Single Ladies,” which attracted 2.6 million people for its season 3 premiere Monday night. The initial airing of the premiere and it’s 11 pm. repeat was a solid hit with 3.5 million total viewers. Compare to the previous season, “Single Ladies’” third season totals represented a more than 51% increase.
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here