*The anticipation for the new season of OWN’s “The Have and the Have Nots“has resulted in impressive ratings.
According to reports, the Tyler Perry drama achieved a series high with 2.8 million total viewers. Total viewership for the season premiere resulted in a 57 percent leap over last May’s Season 1 premiere.
With women age 25-54 demographic, “The Haves and Have Nots’” premiere set a series high with 1.1 million viewers, a 59 percent jump over the show’s season 1 premiere.
Overall, “The Haves and the Have Not’s” season two premiere was the second-highest-rated show in the history of OWN and the network’s third-most-watched show. The OWN shows that attracted the most viewers are the Bobbi Christina Houston interview and the “Oprah’s Next Chapter” episode featuring disgraced bicyclist Lance Armstrong.
Not be outdone is VH1’s “Single Ladies,” which attracted 2.6 million people for its season 3 premiere Monday night. The initial airing of the premiere and it’s 11 pm. repeat was a solid hit with 3.5 million total viewers. Compare to the previous season, “Single Ladies’” third season totals represented a more than 51% increase.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Karrine Steffans: ‘I Was One of Jay Z’s Beckys Back in 2000’
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Jonathan Butler's Inspired Journey Pt2: 'I Am That I Am' (WATCH)
- Parenting Blog ‘Mom Junction’ Lists ’85 Popular Ghetto Baby Names’ For Your Child
- Prince’s ‘Take Me With U’ Jacket from ‘Purple Rain’ Up for Auction
- Will & Jada Launch New Initiative Under Obama’s ‘My Brother’s Keeper’
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here