*The anticipation for the new season of OWN’s “The Have and the Have Nots“has resulted in impressive ratings.
According to reports, the Tyler Perry drama achieved a series high with 2.8 million total viewers. Total viewership for the season premiere resulted in a 57 percent leap over last May’s Season 1 premiere.
With women age 25-54 demographic, “The Haves and Have Nots’” premiere set a series high with 1.1 million viewers, a 59 percent jump over the show’s season 1 premiere.
Overall, “The Haves and the Have Not’s” season two premiere was the second-highest-rated show in the history of OWN and the network’s third-most-watched show. The OWN shows that attracted the most viewers are the Bobbi Christina Houston interview and the “Oprah’s Next Chapter” episode featuring disgraced bicyclist Lance Armstrong.
Not be outdone is VH1’s “Single Ladies,” which attracted 2.6 million people for its season 3 premiere Monday night. The initial airing of the premiere and it’s 11 pm. repeat was a solid hit with 3.5 million total viewers. Compare to the previous season, “Single Ladies’” third season totals represented a more than 51% increase.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here