*The anticipation for the new season of OWN’s “The Have and the Have Nots“has resulted in impressive ratings.
According to reports, the Tyler Perry drama achieved a series high with 2.8 million total viewers. Total viewership for the season premiere resulted in a 57 percent leap over last May’s Season 1 premiere.
With women age 25-54 demographic, “The Haves and Have Nots’” premiere set a series high with 1.1 million viewers, a 59 percent jump over the show’s season 1 premiere.
Overall, “The Haves and the Have Not’s” season two premiere was the second-highest-rated show in the history of OWN and the network’s third-most-watched show. The OWN shows that attracted the most viewers are the Bobbi Christina Houston interview and the “Oprah’s Next Chapter” episode featuring disgraced bicyclist Lance Armstrong.
Not be outdone is VH1’s “Single Ladies,” which attracted 2.6 million people for its season 3 premiere Monday night. The initial airing of the premiere and it’s 11 pm. repeat was a solid hit with 3.5 million total viewers. Compare to the previous season, “Single Ladies’” third season totals represented a more than 51% increase.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Bishop Eddie Long To Discuss Struggles During Sex Scandal on ‘Steve Harvey’
- Erica Campbell: 'I Didn't Takeover' Yolanda Adams' Radio Slot [EUR Exclusive]
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here