*(Via LA Times) – Snow began falling in parts of the Northeast on Tuesday, the vanguard of a major storm that has already led to the cancellation of thousands of flights, an unexpected closure of some federal offices and even prompted New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to drop plans for his inauguration party.
The storm could bring eight to 12 inches of snow to Philadelphia and the New York metropolitan area and perhaps more than a foot in Boston as it works its way through New England. The storm — an unwelcome sequel to the polar vortex whose icy grip choked the Midwest and East earlier this month — is also expected to bring wind chills as nasty as 10 degrees below zero.
“A wave of low pressure is developing along a strong Arctic front currently sinking southward through the Mid-Atlantic, and this is expected to develop into a strong surface low off the coast of New England,” the National Weather Service said. “This will result in an expanding shield of moderate to locally heavy snow from the central Appalachians to southern New England, including all of the Mid-Atlantic region.
This story continues at LA Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here