*(Via LA Times) – Snow began falling in parts of the Northeast on Tuesday, the vanguard of a major storm that has already led to the cancellation of thousands of flights, an unexpected closure of some federal offices and even prompted New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to drop plans for his inauguration party.
The storm could bring eight to 12 inches of snow to Philadelphia and the New York metropolitan area and perhaps more than a foot in Boston as it works its way through New England. The storm — an unwelcome sequel to the polar vortex whose icy grip choked the Midwest and East earlier this month — is also expected to bring wind chills as nasty as 10 degrees below zero.
“A wave of low pressure is developing along a strong Arctic front currently sinking southward through the Mid-Atlantic, and this is expected to develop into a strong surface low off the coast of New England,” the National Weather Service said. “This will result in an expanding shield of moderate to locally heavy snow from the central Appalachians to southern New England, including all of the Mid-Atlantic region.
This story continues at LA Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- DMX Hospitalized After Discovered Unconscious at Hotel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here