*(Via LA Times) – Snow began falling in parts of the Northeast on Tuesday, the vanguard of a major storm that has already led to the cancellation of thousands of flights, an unexpected closure of some federal offices and even prompted New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to drop plans for his inauguration party.
The storm could bring eight to 12 inches of snow to Philadelphia and the New York metropolitan area and perhaps more than a foot in Boston as it works its way through New England. The storm — an unwelcome sequel to the polar vortex whose icy grip choked the Midwest and East earlier this month — is also expected to bring wind chills as nasty as 10 degrees below zero.
“A wave of low pressure is developing along a strong Arctic front currently sinking southward through the Mid-Atlantic, and this is expected to develop into a strong surface low off the coast of New England,” the National Weather Service said. “This will result in an expanding shield of moderate to locally heavy snow from the central Appalachians to southern New England, including all of the Mid-Atlantic region.
This story continues at LA Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here