*It’s about time someone recognizes the beautiful women overflowing in Africa.
Tyra Banks is pioneering her reality show in the Motherland with “Africa’s Next Top Model.”
The expansion is the fourth branch of her highly successful franchise. And so far, Tyra’s tapped Nigerian model Oluchi Onweagba Orlandi to serve as the host and co-producer.
“The African version of the franchise is long overdue and I expect the show to be a smashing success across the continent,” Oluchi said in a release.
Tyra also expressed her excitement for the new show via Twitter:
Twelve lucky beauties will be selected from eight countries throughout Africa, and like the American version, the ladies will compete in a number of photo shoots and challenges over the course of 10 episodes to see who makes it to the top.
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Watch Killing)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here