*It’s about time someone recognizes the beautiful women overflowing in Africa.
Tyra Banks is pioneering her reality show in the Motherland with “Africa’s Next Top Model.”
The expansion is the fourth branch of her highly successful franchise. And so far, Tyra’s tapped Nigerian model Oluchi Onweagba Orlandi to serve as the host and co-producer.
“The African version of the franchise is long overdue and I expect the show to be a smashing success across the continent,” Oluchi said in a release.
Tyra also expressed her excitement for the new show via Twitter:
Twelve lucky beauties will be selected from eight countries throughout Africa, and like the American version, the ladies will compete in a number of photo shoots and challenges over the course of 10 episodes to see who makes it to the top.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here