*Vince Young’s days of collecting a healthy paycheck are apparently over.
The Houston Chronicle reports that the star athlete has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Brian Kilmer, an attorney, filed a petition in a Houston federal bankruptcy court.
Kilmer listed Young’s assets as being worth between $500,001 and $1 million with liabilities between $1,001,000 and $10 million.
Young’s bankruptcy is the latest in a series of high-cost circumstances. In the last year, the 30-year-old athlete has been at the center of a pair of lawsuits, which stem from a $1.8 million loan obtained in his name during the 2011 lockout.
According to a ProPlayer attorney, a judgment against Young to Pro Player Funding, a New York state court granted a New York company that made the loan.
Although several efforts have been made by Pro Player Funding in a Harris County state district court to enforce collection of the judgment, those efforts remain pending.
As for Young, he continued to get caught up in legal cases. The Chronicle noted that the footballer sued his former agent and financial advisor, saying they had attempted to defraud him by obtaining the loan from Pro Player Funding loan and then taking the money for themselves. An unannounced settlement has reportedly been reached in that case.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sheree Whitfield Lands Reality Series About ATL Real Estate
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here