*Vince Young’s days of collecting a healthy paycheck are apparently over.
The Houston Chronicle reports that the star athlete has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Brian Kilmer, an attorney, filed a petition in a Houston federal bankruptcy court.
Kilmer listed Young’s assets as being worth between $500,001 and $1 million with liabilities between $1,001,000 and $10 million.
Young’s bankruptcy is the latest in a series of high-cost circumstances. In the last year, the 30-year-old athlete has been at the center of a pair of lawsuits, which stem from a $1.8 million loan obtained in his name during the 2011 lockout.
According to a ProPlayer attorney, a judgment against Young to Pro Player Funding, a New York state court granted a New York company that made the loan.
Although several efforts have been made by Pro Player Funding in a Harris County state district court to enforce collection of the judgment, those efforts remain pending.
As for Young, he continued to get caught up in legal cases. The Chronicle noted that the footballer sued his former agent and financial advisor, saying they had attempted to defraud him by obtaining the loan from Pro Player Funding loan and then taking the money for themselves. An unannounced settlement has reportedly been reached in that case.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Apple in Talks to Acquire Jay Z’s Streaming Service Tidal
- Ludacris Surprises Wife Eudoxie With New $160,000 Benz (Watch)
- Free Hamburgers to Anyone Who Changes Their Last Name to 'Burger'
- Kyrie Irving Calls ‘No Black Girls Allowed’ Yacht Party Backlash ‘Ridiculous’
- Demolition of Aretha Franklin’s Birth Home Postponed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here