*Vince Young’s days of collecting a healthy paycheck are apparently over.
The Houston Chronicle reports that the star athlete has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Brian Kilmer, an attorney, filed a petition in a Houston federal bankruptcy court.
Kilmer listed Young’s assets as being worth between $500,001 and $1 million with liabilities between $1,001,000 and $10 million.
Young’s bankruptcy is the latest in a series of high-cost circumstances. In the last year, the 30-year-old athlete has been at the center of a pair of lawsuits, which stem from a $1.8 million loan obtained in his name during the 2011 lockout.
According to a ProPlayer attorney, a judgment against Young to Pro Player Funding, a New York state court granted a New York company that made the loan.
Although several efforts have been made by Pro Player Funding in a Harris County state district court to enforce collection of the judgment, those efforts remain pending.
As for Young, he continued to get caught up in legal cases. The Chronicle noted that the footballer sued his former agent and financial advisor, saying they had attempted to defraud him by obtaining the loan from Pro Player Funding loan and then taking the money for themselves. An unannounced settlement has reportedly been reached in that case.
- Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable Awards Mumia Abu Jamal Health Fund
- THE (09-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- (The Black Hat) Nicki Minaj: The White Girl Hunter
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here