*Vince Young’s days of collecting a healthy paycheck are apparently over.
The Houston Chronicle reports that the star athlete has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Brian Kilmer, an attorney, filed a petition in a Houston federal bankruptcy court.
Kilmer listed Young’s assets as being worth between $500,001 and $1 million with liabilities between $1,001,000 and $10 million.
Young’s bankruptcy is the latest in a series of high-cost circumstances. In the last year, the 30-year-old athlete has been at the center of a pair of lawsuits, which stem from a $1.8 million loan obtained in his name during the 2011 lockout.
According to a ProPlayer attorney, a judgment against Young to Pro Player Funding, a New York state court granted a New York company that made the loan.
Although several efforts have been made by Pro Player Funding in a Harris County state district court to enforce collection of the judgment, those efforts remain pending.
As for Young, he continued to get caught up in legal cases. The Chronicle noted that the footballer sued his former agent and financial advisor, saying they had attempted to defraud him by obtaining the loan from Pro Player Funding loan and then taking the money for themselves. An unannounced settlement has reportedly been reached in that case.
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Freedom Day Has Come for America's Youngest Murderers (Video)
- ‘Death By Gossip With Wendy Williams’ Set for Fall Debut on ID
- Chief Keef Plans to Perform in 3 Cities Simultaneously Via Hologram
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here