No one will be able to really see the event — only hear or read about it.
The White House didn’t allow any cell phones to Michelle Obama‘s birthday bash this past Saturday evening out of fear the photos would leak.
“So great was the secrecy surrounding the party,” the Chicago Tribune reported, “that guests were handed an invitation — on their way out.”
Any of the guests who brought cell phones had to cough them up before entering the party.
“Signs at the party told guests: No cellphones, no social media,” People magazine reported, citing anonymous sources. “Guests had been greeted by a ‘cellphone check’ table where they deposited their camera phones on arrival and it was understood that this was not an occasion for tweeting party photos or Facebooking details.”
The White House wasn’t playing that. Outside of a few social media posts, there have been no photos posted of the birthday bash — taking the concept of an intimate engagement for celebrities and public figures to whole new level.
Byron York, from Washington Examiner, says the Obamas probably just wanted some privacy for the first lady and birthday guests.
“[M]aybe … the White House felt photos of a champagne-soaked, star-studded party would be somewhat off-message. But the Obamas are well-off, accomplished people. They can have a big party if they want (and if they pay for it). Why hide it?” York asked.
As we reported, celebrity and political guests included Beyonce, Stevie Wonder, Angela Bassett, Samuel L. Jackson, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Jennifer Hudson, Kal Penn, Vice President Joe Biden, Bill and Hillary Clinton and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi.
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here