No one will be able to really see the event — only hear or read about it.
The White House didn’t allow any cell phones to Michelle Obama‘s birthday bash this past Saturday evening out of fear the photos would leak.
“So great was the secrecy surrounding the party,” the Chicago Tribune reported, “that guests were handed an invitation — on their way out.”
Any of the guests who brought cell phones had to cough them up before entering the party.
“Signs at the party told guests: No cellphones, no social media,” People magazine reported, citing anonymous sources. “Guests had been greeted by a ‘cellphone check’ table where they deposited their camera phones on arrival and it was understood that this was not an occasion for tweeting party photos or Facebooking details.”
The White House wasn’t playing that. Outside of a few social media posts, there have been no photos posted of the birthday bash — taking the concept of an intimate engagement for celebrities and public figures to whole new level.
Byron York, from Washington Examiner, says the Obamas probably just wanted some privacy for the first lady and birthday guests.
“[M]aybe … the White House felt photos of a champagne-soaked, star-studded party would be somewhat off-message. But the Obamas are well-off, accomplished people. They can have a big party if they want (and if they pay for it). Why hide it?” York asked.
As we reported, celebrity and political guests included Beyonce, Stevie Wonder, Angela Bassett, Samuel L. Jackson, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Jennifer Hudson, Kal Penn, Vice President Joe Biden, Bill and Hillary Clinton and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi.
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here