No one will be able to really see the event — only hear or read about it.
The White House didn’t allow any cell phones to Michelle Obama‘s birthday bash this past Saturday evening out of fear the photos would leak.
“So great was the secrecy surrounding the party,” the Chicago Tribune reported, “that guests were handed an invitation — on their way out.”
Any of the guests who brought cell phones had to cough them up before entering the party.
“Signs at the party told guests: No cellphones, no social media,” People magazine reported, citing anonymous sources. “Guests had been greeted by a ‘cellphone check’ table where they deposited their camera phones on arrival and it was understood that this was not an occasion for tweeting party photos or Facebooking details.”
The White House wasn’t playing that. Outside of a few social media posts, there have been no photos posted of the birthday bash — taking the concept of an intimate engagement for celebrities and public figures to whole new level.
Byron York, from Washington Examiner, says the Obamas probably just wanted some privacy for the first lady and birthday guests.
“[M]aybe … the White House felt photos of a champagne-soaked, star-studded party would be somewhat off-message. But the Obamas are well-off, accomplished people. They can have a big party if they want (and if they pay for it). Why hide it?” York asked.
As we reported, celebrity and political guests included Beyonce, Stevie Wonder, Angela Bassett, Samuel L. Jackson, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Jennifer Hudson, Kal Penn, Vice President Joe Biden, Bill and Hillary Clinton and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here