A jury found Stewart guilty Friday in Jackson, Miss., the Associated Press reports.
According to authorities, Stewart, who is also known as Pebbelz Da Model, took $200 for a referral to the alleged injector and falsely represented that the injector was a nurse.
On Friday, Stewart testified Friday that Gordon, a 37-year-old resident out of Atlanta, was insecure about her body and wanted help fixing previously botched buttocks enhancements. Stewart said she connected Gordon with the woman performing the injections to help her out. Despite Stewart not wanting money for helping her, Gordon insisted on paying Stewart.
In her testimony, Stewart said she thought the woman performing the injections was indeed a registered nurse and had gotten the injections herself more than 20 times over seven years.
“She told me that she was an RN,” Stewart testified.
Prosecutors argued that Gordon died from silicone embolism in her lungs about a week after getting the shots in March 2012.
Emails introduced Friday in the case showed that Gordon was a fan of Stewart and was persistent in asking for help to get butt injections beginning in 2010.
“I won’t give up my mission to ultimately achieve a tastefully great butt enhancement,” Gordon wrote in one of the messages.
The resulting death garnered Stewart with a charge of “depraved-heart” murder, which is defined as a “callous disregard for human life” resulting in death. That charges carries a maximum penalty of life in prison. In addition, Stewart was charged with conspiracy to commit depraved-heart murder.
Jurors ultimately decided to convict Stewart of the lesser charge as well as find her guilty of conspiracy to commit culpable negligence manslaughter. Stewart faces up to 20 years in prison for each charge. At this time, a sentencing date has not yet been set.
Wearing what appeared to be an orange wig, Stewart reportedly showed little emotion immediately after the verdict was read. She was found not guilty on the charges of wire fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud, the AP stated.
Tracey Lynn Garner, the person suspected of administering the injections, is charged with depraved-heart murder in the deaths of Gordon and another woman, Marilyn Hale of Selma, Ala. She has pleaded not guilty.
Garner’s trial is scheduled for March.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Sterling Spotted Cursing Out Girlfriend at LA Restaurant
- Tyler Perry Reveals ‘Future Home of Tyler Perry Studios’ (Pic)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Offers A YEAR of 'Paid Leave' for New Moms and Dads
- Melanie Liburd Joins ‘Game of Thrones’ as The Red Priestess
- Rihanna Hosts Art Gallery Reveal of New Album Cover & Title (Pic)
- Michelle Obama Will Appear on Disney's 'Doc McStuffins'
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here