*CJ Harris realizes the history he’s making on “American Idol” this season.
The 23-year-old Jasper, Alabama native finds himself in the show’s Top 13 after nearly being sent home at least twice. Equally as impressive, he’s the lone African American, guitar-playing, trucker hat-wearing country/rock/blues singer to ever get this deep into the competition. …Or, perhaps, get on the show, period.
“I bring something different,” he acknowledged during interviews with the Top 13 this week. “I bring a different southern country soul to the show that has really never been seen on there before. So, I think it just brings something a little different to the table this year.”
Below, Harris talks about the joy of being in the Top 13.
“American Idol” airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8 p.m. on Fox. Watch Harris in clips below.
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here