*CJ Harris realizes the history he’s making on “American Idol” this season.
The 23-year-old Jasper, Alabama native finds himself in the show’s Top 13 after nearly being sent home at least twice. Equally as impressive, he’s the lone African American, guitar-playing, trucker hat-wearing country/rock/blues singer to ever get this deep into the competition. …Or, perhaps, get on the show, period.
“I bring something different,” he acknowledged during interviews with the Top 13 this week. “I bring a different southern country soul to the show that has really never been seen on there before. So, I think it just brings something a little different to the table this year.”
Below, Harris talks about the joy of being in the Top 13.
“American Idol” airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8 p.m. on Fox. Watch Harris in clips below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here