*CJ Harris realizes the history he’s making on “American Idol” this season.
The 23-year-old Jasper, Alabama native finds himself in the show’s Top 13 after nearly being sent home at least twice. Equally as impressive, he’s the lone African American, guitar-playing, trucker hat-wearing country/rock/blues singer to ever get this deep into the competition. …Or, perhaps, get on the show, period.
“I bring something different,” he acknowledged during interviews with the Top 13 this week. “I bring a different southern country soul to the show that has really never been seen on there before. So, I think it just brings something a little different to the table this year.”
Below, Harris talks about the joy of being in the Top 13.
“American Idol” airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8 p.m. on Fox. Watch Harris in clips below.
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here