*CJ Harris realizes the history he’s making on “American Idol” this season.
The 23-year-old Jasper, Alabama native finds himself in the show’s Top 13 after nearly being sent home at least twice. Equally as impressive, he’s the lone African American, guitar-playing, trucker hat-wearing country/rock/blues singer to ever get this deep into the competition. …Or, perhaps, get on the show, period.
“I bring something different,” he acknowledged during interviews with the Top 13 this week. “I bring a different southern country soul to the show that has really never been seen on there before. So, I think it just brings something a little different to the table this year.”
Below, Harris talks about the joy of being in the Top 13.
“American Idol” airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8 p.m. on Fox. Watch Harris in clips below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Police Erased Video of CLaquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here