*CJ Harris realizes the history he’s making on “American Idol” this season.
The 23-year-old Jasper, Alabama native finds himself in the show’s Top 13 after nearly being sent home at least twice. Equally as impressive, he’s the lone African American, guitar-playing, trucker hat-wearing country/rock/blues singer to ever get this deep into the competition. …Or, perhaps, get on the show, period.
“I bring something different,” he acknowledged during interviews with the Top 13 this week. “I bring a different southern country soul to the show that has really never been seen on there before. So, I think it just brings something a little different to the table this year.”
Below, Harris talks about the joy of being in the Top 13.
“American Idol” airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8 p.m. on Fox. Watch Harris in clips below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Yes, Wendy Williams Had Plenty to Say About the Tamar/'The Real' Situation (WATCH)
- Bombshell Report: Bill Cosby Admitted to Sex with Teens!
- Floyd Mayweather Hired Drake, Future For Daughter’s Sweet Sixteen
- Donald Trump Lists Oakland as 'Most Dangerous City in the World'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here