*Apollo Nida is trying to delay his criminal hearing as he and his wife, “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Phaedra Parks, continue to maintain he is innocent of several federal charges, including identity theft, conspiracy and bank fraud.
Radar Online reports that Apollo filed a motion pleading with a federal judge to postpone his criminal hearing. In court documents filed on February 10, Nida asks for “an extension of time up to and including March 25, 2014.”
The delay “will allow the parties sufficient time to discuss a potential resolution of this case,” such as a settlement, the documents explain. He also wants more time to go over the government’s case against him before deciding whether to proceed with trial or accept some kind of a deal.
Nida is facing several years in prison over allegations he ran a shady business that stole unsuspecting individuals’ identities to be used on various loan applications and other purposes.
Though his wife, Parks, was involved with several of his businesses, according to evidence unearthed by Radar, she has not been charged or even named in connection with the case.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here