*Apollo Nida is trying to delay his criminal hearing as he and his wife, “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Phaedra Parks, continue to maintain he is innocent of several federal charges, including identity theft, conspiracy and bank fraud.
Radar Online reports that Apollo filed a motion pleading with a federal judge to postpone his criminal hearing. In court documents filed on February 10, Nida asks for “an extension of time up to and including March 25, 2014.”
The delay “will allow the parties sufficient time to discuss a potential resolution of this case,” such as a settlement, the documents explain. He also wants more time to go over the government’s case against him before deciding whether to proceed with trial or accept some kind of a deal.
Nida is facing several years in prison over allegations he ran a shady business that stole unsuspecting individuals’ identities to be used on various loan applications and other purposes.
Though his wife, Parks, was involved with several of his businesses, according to evidence unearthed by Radar, she has not been charged or even named in connection with the case.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here