*Apollo Nida is trying to delay his criminal hearing as he and his wife, “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Phaedra Parks, continue to maintain he is innocent of several federal charges, including identity theft, conspiracy and bank fraud.
Radar Online reports that Apollo filed a motion pleading with a federal judge to postpone his criminal hearing. In court documents filed on February 10, Nida asks for “an extension of time up to and including March 25, 2014.”
The delay “will allow the parties sufficient time to discuss a potential resolution of this case,” such as a settlement, the documents explain. He also wants more time to go over the government’s case against him before deciding whether to proceed with trial or accept some kind of a deal.
Nida is facing several years in prison over allegations he ran a shady business that stole unsuspecting individuals’ identities to be used on various loan applications and other purposes.
Though his wife, Parks, was involved with several of his businesses, according to evidence unearthed by Radar, she has not been charged or even named in connection with the case.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here