*Apollo Nida is trying to delay his criminal hearing as he and his wife, “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Phaedra Parks, continue to maintain he is innocent of several federal charges, including identity theft, conspiracy and bank fraud.
Radar Online reports that Apollo filed a motion pleading with a federal judge to postpone his criminal hearing. In court documents filed on February 10, Nida asks for “an extension of time up to and including March 25, 2014.”
The delay “will allow the parties sufficient time to discuss a potential resolution of this case,” such as a settlement, the documents explain. He also wants more time to go over the government’s case against him before deciding whether to proceed with trial or accept some kind of a deal.
Nida is facing several years in prison over allegations he ran a shady business that stole unsuspecting individuals’ identities to be used on various loan applications and other purposes.
Though his wife, Parks, was involved with several of his businesses, according to evidence unearthed by Radar, she has not been charged or even named in connection with the case.
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Amber Rose Criticized for Teaching Her Baby 'Hood English' (WATCH)
- Mother of Three Killed By Ex-Boyfriend-Baby-Daddy-Gang Member
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here