*Whitney Houston‘s daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown has reportedly lined up a couple of powerhouse mentors in her quest to become a pop star like her late mother.
Radar Online is reporting that Mariah Carey and former “American Idol” judge Randy Jackson are serving as her advisors.
“Mariah and Randy were close friends of Whitney’s and were heartbroken after she died suddenly in 2012. They kept in touch. Now Randy has decided he wants to make a full court press to help Bobbi Kristina become a star– and Mariah told him she wanted in, too!” a source close to music producer Jackson told Radar.
“Mariah would love to step in and provide mentoring to BK because she and Randy have been so close and even worked together on last season’s ‘American Idol.’ They have years of music experience between them and will share all their knowledge with Bobbi Kristina.
“Randy wants to move quickly and is presenting a plan for the potential star that gets her on the pop charts in under 12 months.”
The source added: “For her part, Bobbi Kristina is being extremely careful about her first steps into the pop singing world.”
Houston, 20, struggled with fame, suffering through a troubled marriage to rapper Bobby Brown and drug problems. She drowned to death in her hotel bathtub at the Beverly Hilton on Feb. 11, 2012 on the eve of the Grammy Awards. Houston was just 48 years old.
Now, Bobbi Kristina, newly married to longtime boyfriend Nick Gordon, “wants to be a singing star just like her mom, but she wants to be really careful about how she does it. Bobbi Kristina understands how important first impressions are when you release music.”
According to the source, Bobbi Kristina is interested in also writing her own music as well as singing, but “hasn’t had a lot of formal training in that department, despite her parents having had writing credits on many major hits.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here