*Brian McKnight claims his accountant was so fraudulent, so deceptive, the money man stooped to secretly getting a United States congressman to help cover up his misdeeds, reports TMZ.
McKnight has filed a lawsuit against Vernon Brown and Company, claiming Brown ruined his life by failing to pay any of Brian’s taxes for close to a decade, resulting in more than a million dollars in back taxes, and an additional $500,000 in penalties and interest.
In the lawsuit, McKnight claims Brown knew he screwed up and secretly contacted Congressman Henry Waxman and gave him a phony sob story that got Waxman to contact the IRS and get McKnight back on an installment plan.
McKnight says Brown was so incompetent that he screwed up the installment plan and the taxes were never paid.
McKnight says his credit is now in the toilet, his house has a lien, his music royalties have been frozen and his life is in shambles. Not only that, McKnight says his driver’s license has been suspended for failing to pay back taxes, and because his son shares the same name, his license was suspended as well.
And here’s an honor no one wants … McKnight says he landed on California’s Top 500 Delinquent Taxpayers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here