*Brian McKnight claims his accountant was so fraudulent, so deceptive, the money man stooped to secretly getting a United States congressman to help cover up his misdeeds, reports TMZ.
McKnight has filed a lawsuit against Vernon Brown and Company, claiming Brown ruined his life by failing to pay any of Brian’s taxes for close to a decade, resulting in more than a million dollars in back taxes, and an additional $500,000 in penalties and interest.
In the lawsuit, McKnight claims Brown knew he screwed up and secretly contacted Congressman Henry Waxman and gave him a phony sob story that got Waxman to contact the IRS and get McKnight back on an installment plan.
McKnight says Brown was so incompetent that he screwed up the installment plan and the taxes were never paid.
McKnight says his credit is now in the toilet, his house has a lien, his music royalties have been frozen and his life is in shambles. Not only that, McKnight says his driver’s license has been suspended for failing to pay back taxes, and because his son shares the same name, his license was suspended as well.
And here’s an honor no one wants … McKnight says he landed on California’s Top 500 Delinquent Taxpayers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here