*Brian McKnight claims his accountant was so fraudulent, so deceptive, the money man stooped to secretly getting a United States congressman to help cover up his misdeeds, reports TMZ.
McKnight has filed a lawsuit against Vernon Brown and Company, claiming Brown ruined his life by failing to pay any of Brian’s taxes for close to a decade, resulting in more than a million dollars in back taxes, and an additional $500,000 in penalties and interest.
In the lawsuit, McKnight claims Brown knew he screwed up and secretly contacted Congressman Henry Waxman and gave him a phony sob story that got Waxman to contact the IRS and get McKnight back on an installment plan.
McKnight says Brown was so incompetent that he screwed up the installment plan and the taxes were never paid.
McKnight says his credit is now in the toilet, his house has a lien, his music royalties have been frozen and his life is in shambles. Not only that, McKnight says his driver’s license has been suspended for failing to pay back taxes, and because his son shares the same name, his license was suspended as well.
And here’s an honor no one wants … McKnight says he landed on California’s Top 500 Delinquent Taxpayers.
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Harris Co., TX Sherriff Classifies Black Lives Matter as ‘Rhetoric’ Leading to Deputy’s Death
- Terrence Howard Tweets He's Still Attached to 3rd Wife Mira Pak
- 9-Yr-Old Ferguson Girl, Killed as She Did Homework, Remembered on Sunday
- Richard Pryor Biopic Officially Adds Oprah Winfrey and Eddie Murphy
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here