*Brian McKnight claims his accountant was so fraudulent, so deceptive, the money man stooped to secretly getting a United States congressman to help cover up his misdeeds, reports TMZ.
McKnight has filed a lawsuit against Vernon Brown and Company, claiming Brown ruined his life by failing to pay any of Brian’s taxes for close to a decade, resulting in more than a million dollars in back taxes, and an additional $500,000 in penalties and interest.
In the lawsuit, McKnight claims Brown knew he screwed up and secretly contacted Congressman Henry Waxman and gave him a phony sob story that got Waxman to contact the IRS and get McKnight back on an installment plan.
McKnight says Brown was so incompetent that he screwed up the installment plan and the taxes were never paid.
McKnight says his credit is now in the toilet, his house has a lien, his music royalties have been frozen and his life is in shambles. Not only that, McKnight says his driver’s license has been suspended for failing to pay back taxes, and because his son shares the same name, his license was suspended as well.
And here’s an honor no one wants … McKnight says he landed on California’s Top 500 Delinquent Taxpayers.
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here