*A civil case against Da Brat is on its way to court as jury selection starts today.
The rapper (born Shawntae Harris) is accused of accused of breaking a rum bottle over an Atlanta Falcons cheerleader’s head during a 2007 Halloween party altercation.
The party took place at a club owned by So-So Def Recordings CEO Jermaine Dupri. A civil suit was reportedly filed two years later in 2009.
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Da Brat faces civil allegations in Cobb County Superior Court that her actions caused Shayla Stevens “permanent facial scarring, neurological impairment and severe mental pain.”
In a statement released last Wednesday, Stevens’ attorneys also claim that their client’s injuries also hindered her showbiz aspirations.
“Ms. Stevens suffered permanent damage to her face including possible neurological damage, forcing her to relinquish her duties with the Atlanta Falcons and to give up a budding acting career with an appearance on Tyler Perry’s ‘House of Payne’ television show,” the attorneys stated.
At the time of the incident, Da Brat was living in Atlanta and Chicago. The entertainer is noted for being the first female rapper to sell 1 million copies of an album, for her 1994 debut “Funkdafied.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here