*A civil case against Da Brat is on its way to court as jury selection starts today.
The rapper (born Shawntae Harris) is accused of accused of breaking a rum bottle over an Atlanta Falcons cheerleader’s head during a 2007 Halloween party altercation.
The party took place at a club owned by So-So Def Recordings CEO Jermaine Dupri. A civil suit was reportedly filed two years later in 2009.
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Da Brat faces civil allegations in Cobb County Superior Court that her actions caused Shayla Stevens “permanent facial scarring, neurological impairment and severe mental pain.”
In a statement released last Wednesday, Stevens’ attorneys also claim that their client’s injuries also hindered her showbiz aspirations.
“Ms. Stevens suffered permanent damage to her face including possible neurological damage, forcing her to relinquish her duties with the Atlanta Falcons and to give up a budding acting career with an appearance on Tyler Perry’s ‘House of Payne’ television show,” the attorneys stated.
At the time of the incident, Da Brat was living in Atlanta and Chicago. The entertainer is noted for being the first female rapper to sell 1 million copies of an album, for her 1994 debut “Funkdafied.”
- Director Admits Cutting Roger Goodell Scene in Will Smith’s ‘Concussion’ Film
- Director Ripped for Taylor Swift’s 'Very White Africa' in New Video (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton, Chaka Khan, Kim Zolciak Set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Fox News Anchor Harris Faulkner Sues Hasbro over Toy Hamster
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here