*Jayvon Felton, the 9-year-old boy who dreamed of being a Detroit police officer, got his wish before he passed away on Monday at Children’s Hospital in Detroit, Deputy Police Chief Rodney Johnson told The Detroit News.
The fourth-grader, who had been home-schooled since his leukemia diagnosis in April, was sworn in as the city’s “new” top cop and named honorary “chief for a day” on January 31st.
Story continues at EURThisNThat.
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here