*Nicki Minaj has offended a slew of folk with the cover art for her new single.
The rapper uses the iconic photo of Malcolm X peering out of his window holding an M1 carbine as the cover art for her new single, “Lookin A** N**ga.” It’s slated to appear both on “Young Money: Rise of an Empire,” due March 11, and on Minaj’s forthcoming album, “The Pink Print.”
She debuted the n-word drenched song Wednesday with a Nabil-directed video, and reaction to her use of the photo was swift and mostly negative – particularly since it comes during Black History Month.
“Say what you will about his days as Detroit Red hustling on the streets of Harlem, there is nothing N-word like about Malcolm X,” Alvin Aqua Blance writes at HipHopWired. “To equate a man that literally died for his cause — the advancement of human rights for people of color — is just wrong on multiple levels.”
The original version of the photograph was first published in Ebony magazine in 1964.
Here’s a sampling of tweets from outraged fans, courtesy of USA Today:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- No Reality Show For Amber Rose & Black Chyna; Scarface Honored & Arrested
- Fla. Teens Who Died After Being Hypnotized By Former Principal, Remembered at 'Homecoming' (Watch)
- Twitter Rejects Rita Ora’s Dream ‘Lady Marmalade’ Remake With Iggy Azalea, Miley Cyrus & Charli XCX
- Report: Paris Jackson On Verge of Meltdown; Hasn’t Seen Mom in Over a Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here