*Eddie Murphy’s last name is taking center stage in a new lawsuit from a comedian with the same last name.
Brando Murphy claims that Eddie is determined to destroy his comedy career. According to the young comic, Eddie’s determination to ruin him stems from absurd vanity.
The name Murphy is of Irish decent … and not exclusive to Eddie Murphy, a ‘Black Man’ of African Ancestry and a purported African American,” stated Brando, who maintains that he never tried to pass himself off as Eddie’s son.
Although he denies assuming the identity of Eddie’s soon, Brando’s claim did not touch on the most glaring contradiction to his argument, the fact that he took part in the Sons of Comedy tour with Richard Pryor‘s son. In his lawsuit, the young comic also claims that one of Eddie’s people threatened to have him killed.
From the looks of it, Team Eddie isn’t too worried about Brando or his lawsuit.
“This is an absolutely ridiculous lawsuit, and we are confident it will be immediately dismissed by the court,” the comedian’s lawyer, Marty Singer, told TMZ.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T-Boz to Exec. Produce Teen Musical Project 'What About Your Friends?'
- Maino’s Girlfriend to Sue NYPD Over T.I. Concert Shooting
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here