*Eddie Murphy’s last name is taking center stage in a new lawsuit from a comedian with the same last name.
Brando Murphy claims that Eddie is determined to destroy his comedy career. According to the young comic, Eddie’s determination to ruin him stems from absurd vanity.
The name Murphy is of Irish decent … and not exclusive to Eddie Murphy, a ‘Black Man’ of African Ancestry and a purported African American,” stated Brando, who maintains that he never tried to pass himself off as Eddie’s son.
Although he denies assuming the identity of Eddie’s soon, Brando’s claim did not touch on the most glaring contradiction to his argument, the fact that he took part in the Sons of Comedy tour with Richard Pryor‘s son. In his lawsuit, the young comic also claims that one of Eddie’s people threatened to have him killed.
From the looks of it, Team Eddie isn’t too worried about Brando or his lawsuit.
“This is an absolutely ridiculous lawsuit, and we are confident it will be immediately dismissed by the court,” the comedian’s lawyer, Marty Singer, told TMZ.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here