*Eddie Murphy’s last name is taking center stage in a new lawsuit from a comedian with the same last name.
Brando Murphy claims that Eddie is determined to destroy his comedy career. According to the young comic, Eddie’s determination to ruin him stems from absurd vanity.
The name Murphy is of Irish decent … and not exclusive to Eddie Murphy, a ‘Black Man’ of African Ancestry and a purported African American,” stated Brando, who maintains that he never tried to pass himself off as Eddie’s son.
Although he denies assuming the identity of Eddie’s soon, Brando’s claim did not touch on the most glaring contradiction to his argument, the fact that he took part in the Sons of Comedy tour with Richard Pryor‘s son. In his lawsuit, the young comic also claims that one of Eddie’s people threatened to have him killed.
From the looks of it, Team Eddie isn’t too worried about Brando or his lawsuit.
“This is an absolutely ridiculous lawsuit, and we are confident it will be immediately dismissed by the court,” the comedian’s lawyer, Marty Singer, told TMZ.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here