*Eddie Murphy’s last name is taking center stage in a new lawsuit from a comedian with the same last name.
Brando Murphy claims that Eddie is determined to destroy his comedy career. According to the young comic, Eddie’s determination to ruin him stems from absurd vanity.
The name Murphy is of Irish decent … and not exclusive to Eddie Murphy, a ‘Black Man’ of African Ancestry and a purported African American,” stated Brando, who maintains that he never tried to pass himself off as Eddie’s son.
Although he denies assuming the identity of Eddie’s soon, Brando’s claim did not touch on the most glaring contradiction to his argument, the fact that he took part in the Sons of Comedy tour with Richard Pryor‘s son. In his lawsuit, the young comic also claims that one of Eddie’s people threatened to have him killed.
From the looks of it, Team Eddie isn’t too worried about Brando or his lawsuit.
“This is an absolutely ridiculous lawsuit, and we are confident it will be immediately dismissed by the court,” the comedian’s lawyer, Marty Singer, told TMZ.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Oprah Winfrey Set for First-ever Appearance at 2016 Essence Festival
- Steven Ivory: Farewell to P-Funk’s Bernie Worrell
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams, Madison Keys Advance to 3rd Round; Sloane Stephens Reaches Rain-Delayed 2nd
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Malia Obama to Intern This Summer at U.S. Embassy in Spain
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here